cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed already with Plusnet Mobile with their porting issues ! !

FIXED
stumpym4
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Not impressed already with Plusnet Mobile with their porting issues ! !

Came from EE ,Never any trouble , decided to try and save a few quid and found a slightly better deal on plusnet, so so wish i hadn't bothered, been without number now since yesterday when they turned my old number off ! ... 3 phone calls later and i'm no closer to getting my old number back up and running and they cant give me a timescale when it will be sorted Huh  i'm in the middle of selling my house and I've just applied for a new job , so no idea whats going on with either at the minute !!! 

I expected the number to be down a few hours but into the second day is a joke ... Already looking at moving phone provider if this is how they work !! .....

Sort it out plusnet, its a disgraceful service 

23 REPLIES 23
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Not impressed already with Plusnet Mobile with their porting issues ! !

Hello @stumpym4,

I am deeply sorry to hear that this has occurred and for the inconvenience this has caused. We would like to look into this for you, please can you PM us the following details;

-Mobile number

-Full address including postcode

- Can you confirm you are the account holder?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
stumpym4
Grafter

And woke this morning to find nothing has changed at all !! ... what is going on plusnet ?? ....should of been sorted on the 6th , now the 8th and still no number !

To others thinking of switching ... DONT ... run away while you can !

@ Sammy ... i sent you the details last night

stumpym4
Grafter

yet another wasted phone call to plusnet , no help at all ... im fuming with this , i sent the pac number on the 2nd and its now the 8th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @stumpym4, I'm really sorry for the issues with your port. I have sent you a PM.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
stumpym4
Grafter

pm sent back ... please help !

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @stumpym4,

I am sincerely sorry for the undue stress that this may be causing and appreciate you responding to our PMs. I have replied back and will get back to you when I know more.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
stumpym4
Grafter

Any news on my old number getting ported Huh
10 days and counting
Cheers
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @stumpym4

Thanks for getting back in touch - I'm really sorry that this is still outstanding. I've chased this again today via our mobile team but unfortunately network delays have meant that this is still pending processing at present.

As soon as we know more, we'll update you immediately.

Best wishes

Dave

stumpym4
Grafter

I appreciate this , but nothing seems to be happening , What actually is the problem ?

Every time i log onto here and i ask a question all i get is even more angrier with plusnet and the way they have handled a basic network change

Offcom says should be completed within 1 day, so why oh why has it still not gone over now 10 days after i sent the pac ... surely i should be top of the list to get sorted ?

Cheers

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @stumpym4

Thanks for coming back to me.

The one (business) day guideline which OFCOM sets out for number porting relates to non-mobile numbers - there isn't a timescale for mobile number ports, though of course we'd aim to do this as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes mobile number ports become delayed due to the way that the number is transferred between providers - we've asked for this to be prioritised for you and it's already on a list for urgent attention. As soon as the port takes place we'll be able to update you further. I'm really sorry that this is taking longer than anticipated but we are genuinely doing all we can to chase this on your behalf.

Best wishes

Dave

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The one (business) day guideline which OFCOM sets out for number porting relates to non-mobile numbers - there isn't a timescale for mobile number ports,

@RandallFlagg  Dave, I'm pretty sure it's the other way round , no timescale for landline numbers BUT 1 day for mobile.

Have a look at GC 7.38 https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/112692/Consolidated-General-Conditions.pdf

Obligation to ensure switching process is completed within one Working Day C7.38

Regulated Providers must ensure that the Porting Process shall, unless the relevant Mobile Switching Customer agrees to defer the process, be completed within one Working Day from either:

(a)SIM Activation, where the relevant Mobile Switching Customer has already submitted the PAC to the Communications Provider to whom the relevant Mobile Switching Customer wants to switch at the time when they entered into the contract;

or

(b) where SIM Activation has already taken place, submission of the PAC to the Communications Provider to whom the relevant Mobile Switching Customer wants to switch.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @MisterW

You're not wrong - there's another part of the general conditions which initially seems to contradict the later information, but after closer reading what you've provided is accurate. The problem at this stage is that the delay isn't being caused by us directly - the port is performed via a 3rd party which is generating the delay. We've chased and prioritised this with the 3rd party in question and will update the end user as soon as we know more.

Best wishes

Dave

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The problem at this stage is that the delay isn't being caused by us directly - the port is performed via a 3rd party which is generating the delay.

@RandallFlagg  I appreciate that Dave, and understand that things can go wrong during porting (and I'm not sure OFCOM do! )

However, OFCOM's conditions are pretty clear, the porting should complete within one day!. It doesn't seem like ALL the parties involved are taking much notice of that.

It's difficult to understand what percentage of ports actually do give problems since we only see the failed ones on here, but when they do go 'pear shaped' it seems to take days to get it fixed?.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

I find that a quite astounding overall response from a support person, with special mention to completely missing the ball on one of the basic requirements of the business PLUS:

"The problem at this stage is that the delay isn't being caused by us directly - the port is performed via a 3rd party which is generating the delay."

We can all perhaps just be happy that it seems none of the other service providers (MVNO or otherwise) are using those incompetents or the same process.

(although perhaps worth considering the GIGO principle as a possible alternative source of these seemingly recurring problems)

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots