cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting 4g

GeorgeS
Hooked

Not getting 4g

I was transferred over from Life mobile. They didn't have 4g. Now I'm on Plusnet mobile should I be getting 4g?
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Not getting 4g

You have to sign up to a new plan with Plusnet if you want 4G.

My OH still has 3G only on Plusnet coming from Life but if she changes to 4G she will lose loads of minutes and text so it’s not worth changing just to get 4G.

GeorgeS
Hooked

Ah right. I'd be in the same boat as the Plusnet deals aren't as good as the Life mobile deals were.

Come on Plusnet, stop being tight! 😋
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

it might be stating the obvious but you'd need a 4G phone too.

GeorgeS
Hooked

Using a Pixel XL so ready for 4G.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GeorgeS

When we re-branded as plusnet mobile from LIFE, 4G deals did become available, however for you to be able to access these new and improved data speeds you would need to migrate onto one of our new deals. 

You can find the deals that are currently have available here - https://www.plus.net/mobile/plans/sim-only/ or you can always speak to our Sales Team by calling 0800 079 1133. 

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

TBH it’s not really worth the upgrade from an old Life sim to a new PN sim just to get 4G because here where I am the EE/3 4G mask is in view to me and is only 500 metres away so I get the top possible speeds.

With my PN sim I get on average around 28 Mb download and about 10 Mb upload. My wife’s Moto E 4G but with an old Life 3G only sim in it gets exactly the same results.

The only thing that maybe better on 4G is latency but I never really checked that because we’re not ones for games on our phones anyway.