cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not another Porting issue disaster

drgreen21

Not another Porting issue disaster

Hi,

Gave PN the PAC no on Sunday eve knowing the process will start on Monday expecting the number to be transferred late on Tues, worse case scenario Wednesday. Number on old sim turned off Tuesday so thought everything  was going according to plan.

As I was now without my old number I phoned on Tues to see what was going on and was told that the porting should be done by 6pm. After 6pm nothing happened so phoned again and was told that the 6pm time was incorrectly told to me and that it should be done by 12 midnight.  He also told me that this was like having a "Broken Arm" as he was trying to be sympathectic (more like pathetic!) Midnight came and went and still no transfer.

Weds morning a I received a message from PN saying "they've hit a bit of snag with your number port and haven't been able to complete it yesterday as promised". Ok no real explanation as to what this "SNAG" was. So I phoned again on Weds afternoon and was told it should happen pretty soon but cant tell me when. Again no explanation as to the cause.

Thurs morning I called again and they said you are definitely on the "delayed list" which I think is pretty obvious. This operator was a lttle bit more sympathetic and reduced my next bill by half. imho, I think compensation should be done after its been resolve and not before. She also this sould be be done soon but no time as to when. I asked where I was on this list and she said no 1.  Ok I thought that was good so should be immenent then

Friday (ie today) still no transfer and therefore I have been without my number for at least 4 working days, What can I do ? This is an immense inconvenience to me, my family and friends to say the least. I phoned again only to get the same shpiel.

Someone and somewhere knows exactly whats going on and they refuse to find out. I should know I work with a lot of IT support in my career.  We know that services dont always go to plan and thats exceptable but to have no communication or for someone to find out is unacceptable. I  asked to speak to a manager who I was told will call be back. I'm not holding my breathe on that one! Highly unlikely now that this will be resolved today and as they dont do weekends I will have to wait to next week.

Looking at previous threads this is not an isolated incident and certainly will not be the last to have this problem either. PN has a ongoing problem with porting numbers to say the least. Its probably systematic which wont be resolved to a better conclusion but you never know eh!

Its no good having a so called "reputable customer service" if you dont back it up with the service itself. If there's a delay at least let the customer know exactly whats going on and try via email/text or even a social media platform. Dont let them stew and get angry because you will lose a lot of clients that way.

Also if PN do reply to this post please dont patronise me and say we are working as hard as possible as Im not disputing that I just want to be told the facts eg. Engineer 1 did so & so on this site at this date and got this error or problem, Engineer 2 did this so & so etc.....etc,,,

I could threaten to say I will not recommed PN to anyone or go the press/media or cancel and move elsewhere but I will decide after this has been resolved.

Regards

A very dissapointed, fuming and extremly unhappy customer.

3 REPLIES 3
hagster
Hooked

Re: Not another Porting issue disaster

Your story is about the same as mine except I have not received any texts or messages to say it is delayed. I have called 3 times and am told that I am on the delayed list.

As with everyone else, I suggest that you fill out the OFCOM monitoring form below. They have a regulatory obligation  to complete these within one working day and 'being buys after christmas' is not a good excuse.

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi drgreen21,

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, it's much appreciated.

The port-in process takes up to 1 working day when processed before 6pm on a weekday or up to 2 working days when processed after 6pm to complete; we don't process ports of a weekend. On rare occasions, a port can become 'stuck' during the transfer and if this happens, it will be raised with our Operations Team, who'll work to resolve this as soon as possible.

I understand how important an existing number can be and how inconvenient it is not having access to that number at this time, but I can assure you that we will be looking into your porting issue and working to get this up and running as soon as possible.

Due to the sheer number of potential causes, I can't provide any timescales or detailed information as to what the 'snag' could be. The overall porting process is an intricate manual system, which requires hands on network engineers to liaise with your previous network provide and bring across the porting files that support your number; completing the overall porting process. 

I'm sorry I can't provide you with any further information drgreen21. Rest assured, the Team will be working through the possible causes and attempt to implement a fix, as soon as they find the file causing the problem it will be repaired.

- Rebeka  

plazmaduck
Dabbler

@hagster wrote:

Your story is about the same as mine except I have not received any texts or messages to say it is delayed. I have called 3 times and am told that I am on the delayed list.

As with everyone else, I suggest that you fill out the OFCOM monitoring form below. They have a regulatory obligation  to complete these within one working day and 'being buys after christmas' is not a good excuse.

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring 

Hi hagster - your link isn't working. I see your issue is resolved, mine is still ongoing, sadly.