Did you mean: 

Not a good start @ Plusnet Mobile

FIXED
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Not a good start @ Plusnet Mobile

@Mario100

If by chance you still have your old sim, it might help if you can pop it in a suitable phone and check to see whether that is still receiving calls, despite not being able to send any.

The information might be useful to Plusnet ops

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Mario100
Dabbler

Vodafone sim stoped working 13 November
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Mario100, regarding my last two questions:

Are you unable to take calls anywhere you go? 

Can you confirm this? For example does it work in one postcode but not another?

Did the issue occur only after the port completed?

While I appreciate your Vodafone SIM has stopped working, between the period where you had a temporary number from us and the port with your own number completed, were you able to receive calls?

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@Mario100 wrote:
Vodafone sim stoped working

k

* If your old sim still received calls on the old suppliers network, despite not being able to send any out, it could mean your old supplier hadn't properly released the number and set up/allowed to be set up the forwarding to plusnet.

* It could still be that the old supplier disconnected rather than properly ported the number

* or that plusnet and/or the old supplier screwed up the mvne profile-  either data entry error or systems update handshake fail not trapped properly.

* or that plusnet systems are simply not acknowledging/responding that the number is now theirs when a call to it is being set up from someone on another service. Maybe mvne profile, maybe plusnet profile (perhaps fault allocating old number to new sim)

In all cases its still plusnets issue to resolve as far as I aware. I was just trying to shorten the list of possible causes

Mario100
Dabbler

I am unable to take calls anywhere I go
I confirm this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the confirmation.

Did the temporary number you had work fine?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mario100
Dabbler

When I call to someone they can see my old number from vodafone
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry, I mean before you requested us to port your number from Vodafone, we provided you with an auto-generated number. When you had this number, were you able to make and receive calls?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mario100
Dabbler

I didn't try to call from temporary number I recived second sim from you guys but problem still exist
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the information.

I've passed the answers to the questions on to our operations team now, though it's possible we may need new examples to be able to pass this on to our suppliers due to the previous ones being more than 48 hours old.

I should receive a response back tomorrow. In the meantime, if you can could you provide me with 3 more sets of examples? Just in case they are needed and to try not to cause delays by further back and forth.

[edit]

It’s as I suspected, we need fresh examples I’m afraid. Essentially anything more than 48 hours ago can’t be investigated. Along with each of the 3 examples could you provide the postcode you were in? Please PM me with them. 

Thanks.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

@Gandalf wrote:

Thanks for the information.

I've passed the answers to the questions on to our operations team now,

[edit]

It’s as I suspected, we need fresh examples I’m afraid. Essentially anything more than 48 hours ago can’t be investigated. Along with each of the 3 examples could you provide the postcode you were in? Please PM me with them. 

Thanks.

Mario,.

If I were you, I would be contacting them and getting a full refund of ALL payments for this undelivered service and a PAC code to transfer the number out.

Make a formal complaint and hold them responsible for any issues with the port out of the number.

This is beyond ridiculous.