Did you mean: 

Not a good start @ Plusnet Mobile

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not a good start @ Plusnet Mobile

Mario100  wrote

Thanks RobC
What can I do now ? Is chance to have my old number ? Is it to difficult for Plusnet inginiers to do ? I lost about £500 - £700 everyday because my buisnes doesn't work well. However I think that situation is good for making money... because I am going to send that problem to the court way. We will see. However thank you for your answer.

Hi Mario I think you may have a problem if you go the " court way " if you have a 30 day Sim Only Deal see

4. Your use of the services

4.1. You must:

4.1.1. only use the services for personal use (so you can’t use the services to run your own business although occasionally accessing work emails is okay);

Its like everything in life you get what you pay for and always read the small print

Brian A

Mario100
Dabbler

Brian A ... you are right... I am very frustrated about my old number. Plusnet destroyed my old number and didn't send my any message ... when would it be fixed or would it be fixed at all ? Why staff want to sign agreements only but after that they don't do anything to costumers like me who is left with problem.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry for the issues with your old number.

Not sure where we're at with this as @Mads isn't in the office today, but the notes on your account suggest we'd need to gather examples from you for us to be able to raise this for further investigation to our operations team and to our suppliers.

If you haven't done already, could you PM me 3 examples from within the last 24 hours in the following format:

Date: 
Time: 
Service Attempted: 
Phone Number (if applicable): 
Error that occurred:

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Mario100, thanks for your private message. Can you advise if you see your own number come up when you dial another phone handset from your phone? Also, are you unable to receive calls anywhere you go?

Finally, have you tried a different phone handset?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mario100
Dabbler

Hi
I can use my data normally and I can use my minutes and texts normaly that is good but problem is when someone tried to call me or when someone want to sent my text. They hear that my number is incorrect. I tried to use different phone but I was thesame situation
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me.

When you dial someone's phone, can you advise what number they see?

Are you unable to take calls anywhere you go?

[edit]

Could you also advise whether you've been able to receive calls before the port completed?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mario100
Dabbler

When I call to someone they see my old number from vodafone.
When people call me they hear that my number is incorrect
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks.

Did the issue occur only after the port completed?

[edit]

Can you also advise if the problem is location specific or you can't receive calls anywhere you are?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Anoush,

This sounds like the all too familiar and recurring porting and new number issues which plague plusnet.

Probably problems with the plusnet person/process/system which ISN'T properly updating the MNP Service Provider (the processing of the PAC code)

Mario

This should NOT be necessary as Plusnet should properly manage the port of your number BUT:

1. Are you able to tell us if it is certain services used by those failing connection (eg mate is on Virgin Media or o2 or international)?

2.  Do you know someone with specifically an EE (NOT an EE MVNO like asda or VM) or preferably another actual plusnet customer and CAN THEY get through to you?

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Mario100
Dabbler

Ad1 - people from all provider like EE , Plusnet , O2 , Three they tried to call me but they heard that my number is incorrect
Ad2 - I know a person who has a Plusnet number and her porting from vodafone was good . She had tried to call me many times but.... the same situation
RobC
Pro

If the phone was working with your temporary PN number before tyour old number was ported, it seems to be whats commonly known as a split port

All services get them occasionally, Plusnet seems to get them a lot.

Mine was slightly different where EE + plusnet callers could get through but VM callers (a lot of my family) couldn't.

Probably the same PN dept messing it up.

I believe only the plusnet team who deal with the porting system an correct this - and it seems they just prefer to wait and see if it sorts itself or there simply is no-one with any knowledge other than (often incorrectly) putting some stuff into a form.

Could be wrong there, but if they EVER actually resolve any of these through action, it certainly aint visble.

These are the checks you can go through just to see if it is a sim issue (unlikely but possible)

https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Mobile/thread-id/481/page/3

BUT

1. if the sim worked with the temporary Plusnet number before the port of your old number, its VERY unlikely to be a sim issue

2. Neither should it be phone/sim - network issue if has worked on the PN network with its original temporary PN number.

3. You can confirm these by looking at your settings, about, status (or equivalent) in settings which should show -

* your current number (which should be your ported number)

* network you are connected too (which should be plusnet)

I think a new sim MIGHT perform some automatic refresh of the system which COULD resolve some problems

- like magic as far as PN is concerned

Other than that, my experience was that you are stuck with it until it sorts itself - or not.I saw no positive action whatsoever on plusnets part. very happy for anoush to demonstrate differently.

I have no knowledge of what happens if you port out a split ported number.

Really worried me when I ported as i have had my current number forever (1990's)

I advise people to avoid plusnet and have a backup sim which number everyone now has. How crazy is that.

Next half way decent EE deal - I'm gone. PN Just to unreliable, too many times, for too long.

Far more hassle and risk than a couple of quid a month is worth.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Mario100,

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience that this issue is causing you.

I can see that @Gandalf has sent your examples to our operations team and they are currently looking into this. We'll be back in touch once we have an update from this team.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

Strangely enough I've spoken with a few people this morning, mainly to try and find out who to contact and whether it would be of benefit to plusnets customers

then spent a little time tracing and chacking what and who they said with some google searches to confirm/gain alittle more understanding ....

... and ended back at a plusnet complaint post

These issues are apparently caused by Plusnets not filling in the proper detail in the MVNE requests (the port request) or whoever processes these (the MVNE) for plusnet screwing them up.

eg

No data - they left out or corrupted that bit of the request

Only 3g data - that bit missed out or corrupted

... even the incoming calls bit

etc.

Now I am no expert in this particular field, but in less than an hour of research am pretty sure the core issue has been identified

Plusnet have been screwing these up for years.

'Support' staff here who have seen these again and again and again and fire off their .... try this .... Name 3 web pages you cant connect to with your no data connection at all ... name 3 numbers with the times they tried who failed to connect where you have no calls incoming ...

are either BS'ing the customers or mindless drones who could be replaced by an 20 line VB auto-response script ..... mmmmmm

OR are working on clear management instruction to do/say what they do

oh - and escalation is apparently commonly a total waste of time.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Mario100, in order for our operations guys to investigate this with our suppliers, please could you answer the following questions: Are you unable to take calls anywhere you go? Did the issue occur only after the port completed?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mario100
Dabbler

I can use normally when I call to some number but I have not received any calls from someone