cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Facebook Confirmation Codes

JrmyWtsn

Not Receiving Facebook Confirmation Codes

Ported my number to Plusnet.  I'm not receiving Facebook confirmation codes. Tried adding the number to another account but no code received? Google codes are received.

5 REPLIES 5
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Not Receiving Facebook Confirmation Codes

Hi @JrmyWtsn,

Unfortunately Plusnet mobile does not currently support SMS short codes which is why you aren't receiving the Facebook confirmation codes. Not sure how you're able to receive the Google ones unless they're not within the standard short code format. 

JrmyWtsn

Thanks @JOLO, reading previous posts I thought it was not possible to send but receiving worked. The Google code did originate from a standard +447* number. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@JrmyWtsn,

Apologies I still have Christmas brain. So receiving them should be fine, but as Facebook short codes come through from the number 'Facebook' this is where I think the issue is. As you noted codes like that from an actual number should work fine. 

JrmyWtsn

@JOLO

Strange, I tried quite a few times yesterday afternoon and again this morning before posting, just tried again and it worked. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to us with that information @JrmyWtsn. I'm glad it's worked for you. Do accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please get back in touch with us if there is anything further we can assist you with.