cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No voicemail since transfer to Plusnet

KF1509

No voicemail since transfer to Plusnet

I have not had access to voicemail since transferring to PlusNet at the end of April! When I ring voicemail it is a voice speaking in French asking me to input my phone number and when I put my number in it says that the mailbox is not recognised. I am so frustrated with this and have spent 5-6 weeks trying to sort out with customer services who just keep asking me to log times I have rung the voicemail and received this message (it happens EVERY time). Nothing is moving forward. I have seen a previous post about a similar problem on this forum which it said was due to porting issues. Surely I can't still be porting across after 9-10 weeks! Can anyone help - other than changing provider!
3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: No voicemail since transfer to Plusnet

Hi KF1509!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

We have 4 different codes that may help however, I can't advise as to which will work as they're all handset dependant. Can you try each one by dialling it into your keypad and calling that number? The codes are as follows:

• **004*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **004*07870020555*11*30#
  • **61*+447870020555*11*30#
  • **61*07870020555*11*30#.

There is also another number that you can try: #21#

Once you tried this code, you'll need to re-boot your handset. You can do this by:

• Turning the handset off
  • Taking the SIM card out
  • Leaving it for a couple of minutes
  • Replacing the SIM card
  • Turning the handset back on

If the above does not resolve the issue, can you please try manually searching for a network and if given an option, connect to any other network that differs from EE/Plusnet. Once you've done this, leave it for a couple of minutes and then go back and select EE/Plusnet.

Once completed, try testing your Voicemail Service however, do not call 555, please call the long Voicemail number which is 07870020555.

I understand the process can be quite tedious however, we try to investigate by performing the above troubleshooting steps and ruling out anything that can be causing this. If the issue persists, be sure to send me a Private Message and I'll look into this further for you.

- Rebeka 

KF1509

Hi Rebeka
Thanks for your detailed message. Unfortunately I had tried all of those options previously and nothing worked. Just in case I tried with all the codes and advice you have but the voicemail continues to be in French.
I would be most grateful if you could look into this further.
Thanks
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi KF1509!

Be sure to send me a Private Message and I can take a look into this for you. 

- Rebeka