Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text about any delay re porting?

LynnG
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: No text about any delay re porting?

It shouldn't disappear....you've activated it within the 28 days. It has to be 'passed on' to the new supplier within 28 days which we've both done so the onus is now on plusnet to sort it. I will not be happy if I've lost my number...and I see no reason why we should lose it. We have done our bit...its been acknowledged by Plusnet that the PAC has been utilised...so dont give up! This should be SO simple! Yet it's been ridiculous! I hope people reading these posts take heed!
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

There are two 'versions of an old suppliers PAC process

1. You get the PAC and if it isn't actioned within 30 days, your account continues with the old supplier and the PAC becomes invalid. You can ask for another whenever you wish.

2. You get the PAC and your account terminates if not used in 30 days whatever happens with the PAC

Most default to 1. EE seemed to default to 2.

They should ask, or give details if you used the txt to port.

I expect the 'standard' with txt to port is that if it isn't actioned, then the old account continues - Which would be sensible given the STAC option. BUT that would need confirming.

As @LynnG 's number has disconnected - I assume that PN has 'successfully' triggered that part of the PAC process and the number is now entirely at PN's mercy.

I would hope that PN haven't made a mess of their PAC/STAC processes as they seem to have with the messages associated with them and started actioning PACs as STACs.

@stumpym4

Given the length of time you have held your number and the problems you highlight with its absence, I seriously suggest you consider contacting your old supplier and getting them to cancel the port if they can.

They should be able to right up to PN's triggering the account/number cancellation to the old supplier.

It is your old supplier you should contact to arrange that.

That wont be the end of your problems with PN, as issues with cancelling the account (should you choose to do so), refunds and any compensation will likely carry on for some time and in the same vein.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
stumpym4
Grafter
Fixes: 1

My original number got cut off on the 7th and my EE account has been closed and a final bill issued so doubtful EE will be able to help , but ill give them a ring tomorrow and see if they can help ? ..

Cheers for the advise

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Given that, sadly it is unlikely they could help - but worth a try.

Interesting that PN are managing to process the disconnections with the old supplier, but unable or unwilling to actually get their end working.

Just a Disgrace.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
JohnCT1
Grafter

I passed my details some time ago. I have been promised a port today. We will see.

JohnCT1
Grafter

Now it is promised for tomorrow (Friday) that will make it 7 days!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for your post @JohnCT1

We'll respond to your other thread shortly and we'd recommend keeping all correspondence there to avoid any confusion

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JohnCT1
Grafter

OK