Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No text about any delay re porting?

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: No text about any delay re porting?

@LynnG wrote:
Thanks for assistance. I await the outcome in 3 to 5 days.
Appreciate your help.

What have PN told you about ofcom requirements regarding time scales etc for porting?

Nothing I would guess.

What have plusnet told you about compensation or even simply not charging you for a service they are NOT providing?

Nothing I would guess.

That PN expect you to wait 5+ working days (a week) and still don't update you at least until you chase them does not seem to me the requirements.

A service that isn't working is NOT cheap at any price.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
LynnG
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Well I already know Ofcom requirements!..ie a day for porting. However in fairness everything else is working fine! It's just my number! People can still reach me via what's app or messenger or email. I very rarely need my actual phone number to make calls. The data is working well. The PN app is working well. I'm just very keen to keep my number...that's all. I guess if you relied on your phone for calls it would be an issue. I'm confident itll come right in the end. 😊 If it doesn't then I'm not tied in so it's no big deal.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Interesting that ofcom have put in place specific processes to address frustration of porting by the donating service, but only the general requirements are available to address negligence or incompetence with the new provider.

Have to discuss that elsewhere.

Obligation to ensure switching process is completed within one Working Day

C7.38  Regulated Providers must ensure that the Porting Process shall, unless the relevant Mobile Switching Customer agrees to defer the process, be completed within one Working Day from either:

(a)  SIM Activation, where the relevant Mobile Switching Customer has already submitted the PAC to the Communications Provider to whom the relevant Mobile Switching Customer wants to switch at the time when they entered into the contract; or

(b)  where SIM Activation has already taken place, submission of the PAC to the Communications Provider to whom the relevant Mobile Switching Customer wants to switch.

Obligation to provide compensation

C7.43   Where a Regulated Provider, delays the completion of the Porting Process or the Non-Porting Switching Process beyond the one Working Day time limit set out in Condition C7.38 or Condition C7.39, or where there is an abuse of the Porting Process or the Non-Porting Switching Process by them or on their behalf, the Regulated Provider, shall provide reasonable compensation as soon as is reasonably practicable to the relevant Mobile Switching Customer for such failure.

C7.44  Regulated Providers shall set out in plain English and in an accessible manner for each relevant Mobile Switching Customer guidance on how they can access the compensation provided for in Condition C7.43, and how any compensation will be paid to them.

Information to the complainant about process and timeframe
6  After having received a Complaint, the Regulated Provider must promptly inform the
Complainant of:
(a)  the process it will follow to investigate the Complaint with a view to resolving it to the
Complainant’s satisfaction; and
(b)  the timeframes in which the Regulated Provider will endeavour to carry out its
investigation of the Complaint.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/112692/Consolidated-General-Conditions.pdf

(IMO it seem unlikely 'call back in a week' meets those obligations if that is what is suggested to the customer)

Number ports should happen within one day.

(This additional process is mainly re port out issues not incompetence and failures of port in)

From July 8th, if your request to port your number is being frustrated, your old provider will be put on notice and have up to five days to resolve any issues. If this doesn’t happen, you can now trigger a process that will enable your new provider to override this obstacle.

First, you need to submit a complaint on Ofcom’s website. This will generate a reference number, which you then need to give to your new provider.

An independent industry panel – which includes the Office of the Telecoms Adjudicator – will then assess your case. Subject to your case satisfying certain criteria, this panel can authorise your new provider to override the issue and expedite the porting of your number.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/07/ofcom-toughens-uk-phone-number-porting-to-prevent-abus...

It seems PN could be considered falling foul of the new port out complaint process. Although that the PN port out failures seem to be often limited to calls routed from within the PN/EE service might complicate matters some:

PN does seem to be an excellent source of tests for the ofcom processes, with evidence growing where 'poor systems' and perhaps inadequately addressed 'errors or 'incompetence might be considered negligence and 'not treating customers fairly'.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
stumpym4
Grafter

Wow , going from that Plusnet fall foul by quite a bit ! ..

Number porting within 1 day ! ... not 8 days like me at present , since PN had the Pac request on the 2nd and completion date of the 6th !! and its now the 10th !

Wonder if Plusnet will dig deep for some compensation for this mess up ?Huh

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @stumpym4, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear that this is the case! 8 days is certainly well beyond the new regulations and you're right to wish to be compensated for the inconvenience. I'll personally ensure that this is done just as soon as the issue is fixed.

So that I can access the account, can you please PM me:

- The mobile number in question

- Your name and confirmation that you are the account holder

- The full address including postcode

If you take a look at my name to the left, you should see the Private Message option to enable you to get the info over to me.

stumpym4
Grafter

Hi .  thanks for the message , but ive already got 2 from the help team trying to sort things , dont want to get more people involved etc 

Cheers 

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

it's no problem at all @stumpym4 - let me know if you need anything further.

LynnG
Dabbler

I've still not had my number ported....my account with EE is now closed and I've had confirmation of this. What is taking so long? I think 7 days is far too long and I need my phone number ! This does not bode well for my future as a plusnet customer or to advise my husband to switch...I've told him not to at present.
stumpym4
Grafter

Sorry , im no help but ive been without my number now for 11 days !! ... Im losing money now as work places cant contact me directly .... utter shambles plusnet are turning out to be ! ... good luck getting your sorted 

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @LynnG,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience so far. I'd like to discuss this matter with you further, however as some time has passed since our security checks were last passed I would need to ask you these again. As such, please can you confirm the following information via a PM?

- Your Mobile Number
- Your Full Name (And whether or not you're the account holder)
- Your Full Address (Including Postcode)

Hi @stumpym4,

I am also sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I can see that you have posted in your own thread regarding this and I have responded there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
LynnG
Dabbler

I've already done this...and more....3 days ago.😳 I'm beginning to think this is just a stalling technique. I will PM the person who was assisting me last time in the hope I can get some continuity of service.
LynnG
Dabbler

Hi Stumpym4...yes I'm thinking they are keen to offer help...but actually dont! It seems like a stalling technique....bit like 'the cheque's in the post' 🙄. Which is something I will be asking for ultimately as well!
stumpym4
Grafter

Hi LynnG .... I'm already thinking that this is a stalling technique and have said so to the operators when I've phoned up , I've had the same number for over 20 years and plusnet are doing a great job of loosing it for me which will effect my livelihood and more  ...I lose this number , plusnet will lose me and my family from phones and broadband ... I'll never touch them again and I'll seek legal action against them to recover costs and much more

I'm getting angrier by the day with this situation and still nothing gets sorted Huh

Why cant I/we just get a straight answer and a solution ??  .... if i did my job like this id be out within a week !

LynnG
Dabbler

I know...the longer it goes on the more frustrated I'm getting! I havent phoned yet....but when I do itll be every hour until someone does something...! And to think I was trying to persuade my husband to switch🤦‍♀️! Not at this rate!
stumpym4
Grafter

Id recommend everyone stays away from now on, seems all we get is apologies and thats where it stops ! ... Now i know why they were cheaper !!

almost half way through the month and the Pac only lasts 28 days then it disappears with my number Sad