cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

Billynocalls

No service

I am 75yo and signed up with a sim only deal just over a month ago but since then I have had no service? This mlorning, my wife (who has fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and Parkinsons, was out and tried to call me but I never got a call. This is now worrying me as I also have medical problems and have always felt I could trust the mobile but it seems something is amiss here. Please please can someone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No service

Welcome to the Forum,

Has the mobile ever worked on PlusNet  if not

Is the phone unlocked and therefore can be used on PN

Have you checked the setting of the phone see below for the link and scroll down to What are the APN setting for my phone ? 

Good luck

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

HD

Billynocalls

I can't ever remember doing this "Your replacement SIM card will arrive unconnected. When you've got it, call us on 0800 079 1133 from another phone and we'll get it up and running for you."

I put the sim in and it found the Plusnet service so I assumed it was working ok but then we went on holiday and the phone wouldn't send texts, make or take calls, even if I was sat in a wifi area connected to that but I had no service and just thought it was because we were far down the south of Cornwall..

Guess I will have to try that.

Thanks HD

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Billynocalls and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry for the signal issues. I appreciate it's important as both you and your wife have medical problems. 

If you can drop me a private message with the following details by going Here, we'll be happy to take a closer look.

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

When private messaging me, please include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally so I might not personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’ll pick it up. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet