Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service in Lebanon !!!

Traveler
Hooked

No service in Lebanon !!!

I have no service in Lebanon !!
I called before traveling and got told that all my roaming options are on and that I should have no problem.
I couldn't even find a network, neither via automatic setting nor via manual selection, no network coming up !!!
And no it's not my iPhone, it's Plusnet or whoever they have arranged a cover with.
All it says is no service !!!!
Any help plusnet ????Huh
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No service in Lebanon !!!

Hi @Traveler

I'm sorry to hear you're not receiving a connection whilst in Lebanon. 

Without specific account information I'm unable to advise further, but if you could send me a private message with your details; I'll certainly do all I can to help. -Ashleigh

mlawson

Yes, I have the same issue - not even registering on network. I have a dual sim phone, and my other sim (not with Plusnet) has registered fine, so I know its not my phone or settings.

I've also used my Plusnet sim in other international contexts, including North Africa, so it definitely looks like it is a Plusnet / Lebanon problem.

Traveler
Hooked

Thank you mlawson, I was sure I am not the only one facing this problem !

Unfortunately that process of trying to sort this out via answering security question in private messages proved a total waste of time.

When I got back, I got told that that should have not been the case and that they have a partnership in Lebanon so a network reception is available. So next time it should work fine.

I should be going there in a month or two, if the problem persists then I will cancel my contract with plusnet, quite disappointing. The question is if plusnet and EE share network does this mean that EE has the same problem in Lebanon .... 

Traveler
Hooked

Oh and that illusion that dealing 500 works, it did not in Jordan.

I don't care what they tell you, I was there, roaming on but 500 didn't, I actually thought I could talk to customer service directly and sort that lebanon reception problem, but Alas !

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, 

I'm sorry to hear you've been facing some issues; it's certainly not something we intend. If your International and Roaming services are active from our end, this should allow you to receive a connection when you're travelling abroad. However, whilst we work hard to provide a continuous high standard service within the UK, I'm afraid there's no guarantee of service availability overseas; as it entirely depends on the signal strength with the local network and this isn't something we have control of. I'm extremely sorry about this and I apologise if this has caused any inconvenience. -Ashleigh 

Traveler
Hooked

Thank you for your reply Ashleigh, and I know it is your job to reply and explain what is going on, but please do not blame this on "signal strength with the local network".

Local network can not be strong with Vodafone and Orange but weak with Plusnet !!!

I will find out on my next trip if this was some sort of glitch or part of your business deal. 

I would have been much more comfortable had I been told that you do not have partnership in Lebanon, then to be told that there shouldn't be a problem and suddenly discover there is no service !

If I knew, I would have made alternative plans or bought another SIM card to use when I land.

Not to mention, that you did not explain how come there is no access to 500 in Jordan ?