Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service in Lanzarote

MartinHoey
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No service in Lanzarote

Hoping someone can help... arrived from UK to Lanzarote on 24th to find no calls in or out and no data connection. Couldn't connect to any of the usual networks like orange Vodafone or movistar. In certain areas I could connect to yoglio but still no calls or data....strangely can send and receive texts when occasionally connected. My wife's phone on virgin working fine.
Spoke to customer services many times who said they would reset my EU service and to reset phone/airplane mode etc. Several days later it finally worked again as normal connecting to the usual networks for calls and text but no data I don't think. Worked fine for 2 days and then stopped working again as before.
Spoken to cs again and gave my wifes number as contact. Next day got 2 messages on my voicemail (not hers) trying to help!!!! Why call the number that is not working and ignore the alternative number provided.
Promised call back again from a manager that never happened so called again to be told to send a screenshot of exactly what I'd already told them a week ago.

Unbelievably disappointed with service at every level.

Just wish I hadn't left EE to save £2 a month.
Now return flights have been cancelled by Jet2 this is an extra pain I could do without

.... anyone have any ideas?Huh
7 REPLIES 7
MartinHoey
Dabbler

Re: No service in Lanzarote

MartinHoey
Dabbler

Screenshot_20200730-174723.png

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @MartinHoey, I am really sorry to hear you're having these issues.

Can you please send over a PM with the mobile number in question so we can take a further look for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
MartinHoey
Dabbler

Pm sent.
Thanks for your reply to my post on Thursday it's now Sunday!
8 days now with no service.
Have called/emailed customer service with no useful suggestions/solution or any apparent interest in solving the problem.
Just keep getting fobbed off.
paullowin
Grafter

Same here, no interest in anything except a standard list of "solutions" which don't work. Playing for time IMO

ray999
Dabbler

I'm in Lanzarote, exactly same problem!
MartinHoey
Dabbler

haha just got home to a message from plusnet :

Thanks for your time today. As per our conversation, we believe we've fully resolved your issue. I'd like to thank you for your patience while we dealt with this. If you don't feel that your issue has been resolved, you have 28 days to come back to us before this complaint is considered closed.

To recap, this is the agreement we came to; Hi Martin following the previous email we hope you have been able to attempt the trouble shooting we advised you hoping this helped with your network thank you

i spent 2 weeks in lanzarote with the service from plusnet working for about 2/3 days and was constantly fobbed off and delayed going round in circles  so no my complaint has certainly not been resolved

what a nonsensical message

a. i have not had a conversation with anyone at plusnet today

b. so you certainly have not resolved my problem

c. i had already replied to the the suggested troubleshooting advice to inform you it had not worked

my concern now is...am i going to have exactly the same problem next time i go, if so i really need to switch phone companies. do plusnet really have contracts with movistar/orange/vodaphone etc or are we limited to xfera/yoigo who provide little coverage?? getting the truth about this from plusnet seems unlikely. not been as disapointed in a company this size for a long time