cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service Abroad

cpc84
Hooked

Re: No service Abroad

@srobbouk and @MisterW my problem has been moved to the Operations team who need dates and times of when I tried to connect. I’ve sent these to @LivRobinson hopefully they’ll be able to match these attempts with authentication requests and figure out what’s not happening. Did either of you have problems transferring your number from your previous network. It took two attempts to bring mine across from Vodafone so just wondering if some part of the transfer process didn’t complete properly which is now causing a problem
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Did either of you have problems transferring your number from your previous network

@cpc84 I didn't even attempt to transfer my number, given the nightmare stories on here! I've got a dual sim phone and, since my old number was a Giffgaff PAYG, I've just kept the old sim active and have both in my phone. In terms of roaming, TBH I've not had any problems myself but then again I've only roamed in the EU.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

srobbouk
Hooked

so NO.. i didnt have any problems transferring. Like I mentioned in a previous post.. initially the Plusnet SIM worked in thailand, i cant remember for how long.. maybe a few weeks. I didnt have it switched on all the time, as I try not to use it. Ok i have just switched it on now 11.15am Thailand ICT 18th dec searching for Networks... and Nothing trying manual registration on AIS 3G ... nothing..just hangs any further help would be good..otherwise I am paying monthly for a service that just dont work... I dont want to go back to another UK provider, as I still have Broadband back in the UK with Plusnet, and expect a better service steve
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Sorry to hear we've fallen short of expecations, Steve.

As you say the SIM worked in Thailand initially, it sounds to me like this may be a problem with the local network. As they're not our masts and equipment, we're somewhat limited as to what we can do in terms of troubleshooting, but I'd still like to give it a go.

Please drop me a Private Message and we can go from there.

chickson68

Hi Michael I am currently travelling in thailand and have exactly the same problems as the original poster. The auto select will not connect to any provider and the manual connection connects for a short while but then resets or displays emergency calls only.   Did you find a solution to this?   I have used it last week in Malaysia with no problems

Thanks

Craig

Coolroy

I have to add my own experience visiting Bangkok on a brief holiday my phone just simply refused to connect and no matter what I tried, inc 2 internet calls to plus net from the hotel for help, resetting the phone network settings, manually configured the carrier settings. Tried everything, nothing worked. The most frustrating aspect of this was sitting next to my wife who has an EE PAYG that worked perfectly. Plus Net clearly have some sort of problem outside Europe that they won’t own up to, so I’ll be transferring elsewhere on return. Simply not good enough in this day and age!
cpc84
Hooked

Good luck with this my problem never got sorted whilst I was in Thailand however a couple of weeks after I returned to the UK I was told the ‘Operations’ team had updated my settings and could I try connecting again. I’ll let them know in a few months when I go back. As you say it’s really frustrating when others in the family using EE, Vodafone and O2 had no problems. I’m currently telling folk to avoid switching to Plusnet until this is resolved
srobbouk
Hooked

mine never got resolved. When I moved to Thailand to work, I needed to keep my UK number active, for things Like UK banking and financial systems, that wont allow you to register a foreign phone number. So I wanted the cheapest option, and reliable. As I have used PLUSnet Broadband myself and also for my mother, and support service is great, i thought I would just go with the £5.50 a month Plusnet deal, and just switch on the phone in Thailand when I need details or info off my banks. But in the last 12 months, the only time it has worked is the 2 weeks that I travel back to the UK. After that, on return to Thailand it goes into No Connection. I have reached the end of my tether now, and am looking at PAYG alternatives from other UK suppliers, vodafone perhaps, as I know they work abroad. As currently I have paid about £66 for 2 weeks worth of usage. Good luck if you do get it working. Steve
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you are considering PAYG O2 may be a viable option

srobbouk
Hooked

thanks for that info cheers