cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service Abroad

srobbouk

No service Abroad

I started working in Thailand Last year, and needed to keep my UK Mobile number active, so as I had been with PlusNet for many years with broadband, I bought one of your cheap Sim only deals. When I first used it in Thailand a few months ago, I got connected to local Network and received SMS messages, but for the last 3 months, I have had nothing, it will not connect/register to any networks here, and I always get " your SIM card doesnt allow connection to this network" and that is for every provider here. I have complained to PlusNet twice already about this, and it has never been resolved. any ideas? otherwise I am going to move on to another company
4 REPLIES
acr
Rising Star

Re: No service Abroad

Anonymous
N/A

Hi @srobbouk

As you’ve had service previously whilst in Thailand this could be a current issue in the area you’re visiting, but you can always try some basic trouble shooting options that could help.

First I would advise turning on Airplane Mode for 30 seconds, then turn it back off as this will reconnect you to the network.

If you have no luck with this, please attempt manually searching for a network instead of automatically.

If you’re still unable to connect to a network and use your services abroad please send me a Private Message so I can take a look into your account. Smiley

srobbouk

the plusnet person helping me with this has dissappeared... anyone else able to help steve
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 23

Hi srobbouk!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm really sorry to hear about this, we have had a bit of a re-shuffle within the Team and lost a couple of members. The queries should have been distributed amongst the rest of us however, this doesn't appear to have happened in your case and I can only apologise for this. 

If you can send me a PM with your details and a brief overview of where we're up to, I can get up to speed with this and help in anyway I can. 

- Rebeka Smiley

Rebeka Preston
 Plusnet Help Team