cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone signal or data since Sunday evening - East London

Anonymous
Not applicable

No phone signal or data since Sunday evening - East London

My phone data and signal both dropped off on Sunday evening and haven't returned since. The PlusNet site suggests there are no outages but given the increase in reported outages on DownDetector and similar sites I don't think that's true. I've had no problem with signal in the previous couple of years.

I've tried removing and re-inserting the SIM card and multiple restarts.

I can't report the issue to PlusNet as they only have a phone line (I don't have a landline) and accept reports via Twitter, and I don't fancy setting up a Twitter account just to report an outage. There really should be a proper ticket raising platform.

7 REPLIES 7
carter123

Re: No phone signal or data since Sunday evening - East London

I'm the same. I've not been able to call, text or connect to data since some time between 7 and 9pm Saturday evening. Edinburgh based.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you reckon we'll get any sort of response? This is now day 4 with Plusnet still insisting there are no outages
carter123

Nope, I've tweeted them and they've said there's no outages in my area, but are looking into it. No details on how long that'll take. This is day 6 since I lost signal for me.

I've tried my partner's SIM (o2) in my phone and that works so definitely an issue on the Plusnet side.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably just going to start looking for another provider at this rate. Can't sit around waiting forever while they insist there isn't a problem
carter123

Ah yes, but to transfer your number you need the PAC number and to get that you need to call or text your provider meaning if we want to transfer and keep our existing phone numbers we cannot do this as we can't phone or text anyone..
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no response on here, totally ignored on Twitter. Found that you can request your PAC code under the "My account" section of plus.net

Anonymous
Not applicable

Requesting the PAC via My Account page worked, switching now