cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network

daniscross
Hooked

No network

Randomly experiencing no network or signal this evening. My wife is also on Plusnet and she has no problems. I've tried my SIM in her phone and no improvement, so seems to be account or SIM-specific? Anyone else having similar issues?

Tags (3)
17 REPLIES 17
katyotter
Hooked

Re: No network

I have no phone - it says emergency calls only OR no service - everything else, Whatsapp etc. just fine, but I can't make or receive calls, this has been two full days now. Zero help today when I tweeted Plusnet. Seven hours ago he asked for my exact address to check he'd got the right area - nothing since, despite my 5 further tweets.

daniscross
Hooked

Has yours been off all day? Mine went to 'no service' at approximately 7PM this evening. Highly frustrating!

katyotter
Hooked

Mine went off yesterday about 10.0, stayed off until the evening and has been off the whole of the day and evening today. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @daniscross & @kayotter

Sorry about the issues you've both mentioned. Feel free to send me a PM with your full name and mobile if it's still an issue and I'll look into it for you.

You'll just need to get your post total up to 5 before you can send messages BTW. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
katyotter
Hooked

Hi Adam - Yes, as you said I was unable to DM. The situation is still the same except it's now saying Plusnet 713mb used instead of emergency calls etc., however I still can't make any calls and nobody has answered me in the Twitter Help section since 4.0pm yesterday.

katyotter
Hooked

Yep, back to emergency calls only. 

katyotter
Hooked

5th post so I should be able to DM now.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Kay, cheers for your message, I've just sent a reply through for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

I get this from time to time where the signal drops completely (Google Pixel 6a). Airplane mode and rebooting the phone has no effect. If I go into the phone's settings, network and internet, SIM settings there is an option to Automatically select network which is usually set to On. If I click on that I can manually force the phone to select plusnet - several networks are shown and they all state that they are forbidden even the plusnet connection. I then put the connection back to Automatic.

It looks to me like the SIM is temporarily disconnecting and the network won't let me back in - feels like a plusnet/EE problem to me.

Plusnet please fix this asap as it is frustrating.

daniscross
Hooked

Yes, exactly this! 

I bought a Google Pixel 6a last week. When I had this issue a couple of nights ago, I went through every single setting, but to no avail.

I then saw in the list of networks that Plusnet was showing as 'forbidden' and it looked as though it couldn't be selected (it was greyed out). I just happened to click on it anyway and it reconnected to the network.

As I said in my original post, using my wife's Plusnet SIM worked flawlessly at the time, so I think you're spot-on that this is a Plusnet issue that needs addressing. Whether they'll take it seriously is another matter.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@daniscross thanks for bringing it to our attention, is it all sorted now? I will pass this on to the relevant team for you.

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
daniscross
Hooked

It's been fine for the past 48 hours. Definitely keeping an eye on it in case it happens again.

katyotter
Hooked

Mine too, last 24 hours. I wonder why.

KEM
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Mine dropped out yesterday (Thursdfay 24 November) sometime between about 10.45am and 12.15pm. A manual connection to the (greyed out and forbidden) plusnet connection and the SIM reconnected. What's going on?

(I've just PMed my details to Adam Walker)