cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network

pearhilton

No network

Suddenly my Google Pixel phone has stopped working with Plusnet mobile. No data or network. Can't make calls or send SMS. Tried restarting phone and replacing SIM, but no change see attachments.

I've been on Plusnet since January and everything seemed fine. There is no problem with signal in area as when I try the SIM in an iPhone it works fine.

Also noticed on Pixel that instead of saying plusnet in top bar it says a 6 digit number

It's not the phone itself as when I try GiffGaff SIM in my phone that works fine for voice, SMS and data.

Flummoxed. Any suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: No network

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your SIM, pearhilton. Not to worry, though: the below steps should do the trick. Could you please complete them and let me know how you get on? Smiley

1. From a Home screen, tap the Arrow icon to display all apps.
  2. Navigate: Settings > System > Reset .
  3. Tap Network settings reset.
  4. Tap Reset Settings. If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
  5. Tap Reset Settings to confirm.
pearhilton

Still no luck. Tried a factory reset too.

Instead of Plusnet appearing as the network it says 234 336 - EE 

pearhilton

Every time I try to pick Plusnet for network just receive:

"Your SIM card doesn't allow a connection to this network"

Looks like I need a new SIM card

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi pearhilton!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting to our network, If you feel you may need a new SIM card or would like help, send me a PM with some account details (full name & address ), and I'll certainly take a look.

- Charlie

pearhilton

Sorry, looks like it is the phone causing the problem as the Giff Giff Sim card is doing the same thing now.

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Okay, if you suspect that the issue is handset related I recommend you contact your handset provider, of course if that's Plusnet or if you've any queries you believe I can help with, please don't hesitate to send me a PM. Smiley

- Charlie

carbon15

Hello - can I ask how you got on with this problem? I've just had my Pixel do exactly the same thing, its SIM works fine in another phone but another plus net SIM doesn't in the Pixel. It is all a little odd to say the least.

carbon15

FYI : this issue just cleared up on it own - I did use another phone for a couple of days and was in a different place when I re-inserted the SIM, but otherwise this problem vanished into the Ether as mysteriously as it appeared .....

tsong
Hooked

Hi, did you manage to find a solution to this issue? My Pixel is also showing "234 336 - EE" (with wifi on) and saying "Emergency calls only" (with wifi off).

carbon15

Not good news in the end - I sent mine back to where I bought it and got a refund as it was still under its warranty (I bought a Pixel 2 with the proceeds). It did look like at the start the issue had gone away, but the problem returned more frequently and for longer periods. I got a 30 day SIM from GiffGaff to see if it was only a plusnet thing but the phone played up with this SIM too. I'd factory rest the phone a few times along the way just to make sure it wasn't a configuration thing (including re-flashing it to previous Android versions - I was getting pretty desperate towards the end). Curry's didn't quibble and refunded me without any trouble, which was a pleasant surprise.

Regards

tsong
Hooked

Thank you very much for the reply. Much appreciated. I'm returning the Pixel as well. Tried it with a second and got the same result.