cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network again!

itwashimnotme
Rising Star

No network again!

My birthday is the 31st March which usually means calls / txts from friends and family. Not this year because i have had EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY for the last 19 hours. Same situation one day last week where i was emergency calls only for 15 hours. Eventually got through to cust/serv today but as was the case last week Plusnet denied that they were at fault blaming EE for the entire network being down in my area SM73DB. In total 34 hours and counting without ANY mobile network in the last 7 days. And yes i still have no network. In despair i cancelled my direct debit however customer retentions persuaded me to give them another chance so they reinstalled it - they also also tried to flog me fibre at £25.00p per month!

Anyway that was lunchtime today and a further 12 hours later STILL no network! so i've now cancelled my Plusnet mobile direct debit AND my plusnet home phone and broadband direct debit too!

RANT OVER!

7 REPLIES 7
itwashimnotme
Rising Star

Re: No network again!

8am now on day two and STILL no network. I did briefly contemplate calling Plusnet's award winning customer services again this morning however the prospect of having to wait for anything up to 90 mins again before i'm connected to a real person - if at all) soon put that stupid idea to bed.

So looking forward to when Plusnet get all shirty with me when they can't collect either of their two upcoming direct debits from my bank account though. I will immediately be accused of being in breach of contract... they will then threaten me with debt collectors too etc etc.

Plusnet - award winning customer services HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi itwashimnotme,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm sorry for any issues that you have experienced with your loss of signal, this is certainly not our usual high standard of service that we provide and we aim to resolve any queries as quickly as possible. 

I understand the inconvenience and frustration that this has caused you; we do use the EE network and from the postcode you've provided, I can confirm that the EE network engineers are on site at the moment addressing the issue. You can pop over to https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice and click on the 'KEEP ME POSTED' tab, this will advise you of any regular updates regarding this. 

Rest assured, the network team will be working their hardest to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can try re-booting your handset; you can do this by the following:

> Turn the handset off

> Take the SIM card out

> Leave it for a couple of minutes

> Replace the SIM card

> Turn the handset back on

There could have been a fix that has been implemented however, the status checker may not have updated just yet. If a fix has been put in place, performing the above should apply this and refresh the signal to the SIM card. 

I completely understand as to why you have cancelled your Direct Debit however, as part of our terms and conditions, we do require an active Direct Debit on the account in order for the services to remain live. If a Direct Debit payment is due out, cancelling this may result in a late payment charge on the account and we certainly wouldn't want this to affect you in anyway.

We really want to help you with this itwashimnotme; I do advise you to contact us on 0800 079 1133 and we'll certainly deal with this accordingly. 

- Rebeka 

itwashimnotme
Rising Star

Just had an online chat with [CSA Removed] from Plusnet customer services. It didn't go well if i'm being honest - she insisted again that this issue has nothing to do with Plusnet and that if i want to know when my service will be functioning again then i need to contact EE who own the masts.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

There's an old saying "cutting your nose off to spite your face" which fits perfectly here.

The EE checker still says it should be fixed within 16 hours so ranting on that PN are passing the buck when EE's own website states there's a problem with their masts is beyond childish.

Cancelling the DD's just hurts yourself as it will possibly damage your credit history for the next 5(?) years not to mention any potential charges on top.

itwashimnotme
Rising Star

Planned maintenance it seems is why i have had no network for the last two days - plus a further no network day last week. Yet Plusnet have consistently told me that they have no idea why there is no network in my postal code?

A veritable crock of [-Censored-] is what that is !!

EE would NOT take a mast offline for planned maintenance without informing Plusnet prior to the event yet plusnet have been claiming for two days now that they do not know ANYTHING???

Yup, a complete CROCK OF [-Censored-]!

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

We use the EE status checker listed above and this is also available for you to use at your own leisure. I'm sorry you feel that our Live Chat agent was unable to help you with this itwashimnotme; we do relay all the information and any updates back to you that is given to us from the status checker. Currently, we are aware of the issue, it has been reported to EE and the engineers are on site at the moment.

I'm afraid I'm unable to provide you with any further information at this time, as this is our current update, but rest assured, we're working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

If you have any further questions regarding this, feel free to get in touch, we're more than happy to help!

- Rebeka 

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Several off-topic and unhelpful posts removed.

Please keep this on-topic.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still