cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile service in Tobago

LynetteC99
Dabbler

Re: No mobile service in Tobago

Thanks Mr W, yes that is exactly the same with me! DD should’ve been taken on 23 December but wasn’t and I even failed Adam Walker (staff) security question as he said my bank details didn’t match their records…. Even though they haven’t changed. Strange! But no one from Plusnet has replied today so I’m stuck without use of a mobile again….
BellaVivat
Dabbler

Hi I've a similar issue in Guyana.
BellaVivat
Dabbler

Guyana doesn't appear on the list either
BellaVivat
Dabbler

I received a text when I arrived in Guyana saying I could use the service
BellaVivat
Dabbler

although at a higher cost
BellaVivat
Dabbler

I receive texts, but can't reply
BellaVivat
Dabbler

I had the same issue when I was in Barbados for a few days before flying to Guyana

(I've posted this all in separate posts because, although I've had a Plusnet account for a while, I've not used the community before, & I've seen that I need a minimum of five posts to send a PM)
LynetteC99
Dabbler

It’s really frustrating! I reported this last Wednesday and I’m still no further forward.
Neither Guyana, Barbados or Tobago are on Plusnets lists of countries you can’t use the mobile in. I didn’t even get a text to say I could use the service. so difficult to deal with plusnet no live chat service and of course it’s not possible to call as no mobile….
BellaVivat
Dabbler

Yes, I agree, Lynette - really frustrating!
I've been chasing this all day, and that's bad enough! Over a week is really poor. Hope you get something sorted soon
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@adamwalker / @willcutforth  / @SeanD / @Gandalf  / @bobpullen 

Is it possible that these users who are overseas and cannot use their service are all caught up in the pre-Christmas DD failure issue and have had their international usage restricted?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BellaVivat
Dabbler

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe this is the case for Lynette, but I don't think this is it for me, because my DDs have gone through ok. I had a notification on Christmas Day that my most recent payment would be taken on 28 Dec. I can also receive texts from the UK, and if there was a blanket restriction, would that happen?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@BellaVivat  have you reached your Smart Cap ?

Receiving texts is the only facility that is free. Everything else will incur costs and will be prevented once you hit the Smart cap.

The actual costs are here https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/roaming-and-international-calls/ , Guyana seems to be in Band 3 and is quite expensive ( especially data at £6/MB ). If your Smart cap is at the default £10 then just turning data roaming on will have exceeded it!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BellaVivat
Dabbler

Thanks @MisterW
I use WiFi wherever possible and usually have roaming turned off. I only turned on briefly to try to send the text when I couldn't do so via WiFi. I've checked my usage and it tells me I've zero usage outside my plan
So 🤷🏽‍♀️
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

@Townman from what I have seen the majority of the ones that haven't been able to use are due to smart cap being exceeded and customers are not aware that having a £0 smart cap will cause them to not be able to use it.

Not sure what the others have seen but I haven't seen a correlation with the DD issue and this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
BellaVivat
Dabbler

I don't have DD issues, and don't have a £0 smart cap, but I still cannot send texts