cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mobile service in Tobago

LynetteC99
Dabbler

No mobile service in Tobago

I’m in Tobago and neither my mobile or my husbands (both with Plusnet) have any service. I checked the list of countries that Plusnet says it doesn’t offer service in and Tobago is not on it. I’ve got Roaming switched on and I’ve tried selecting each of the two available providers here Digicel and TSTT - and nothing happens. I desperately need access to the phone as I’m trying to reset my apple password but can’t if I can’t receive texts, so it’s causing really serious inconvenience! The local masts are definitely working as everyone else here is able to use their mobiles.
Tags (1)
42 REPLIES 42
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 220

Re: No mobile service in Tobago

Hi there Lynette, I'm sorry to see this, it must be horrible to be so far away from home without a working phone. 

It might be the case that you don't have international usage enabled so please feel free to send me a private message with your mobile number and I'll be able to check on that for you. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LynetteC99
Dabbler

Hi
Yes it is causing huge inconvenience- so thanks for having a look at this for me
I hope I’m replying on private message as I haven’t used this before. Both my husband and I travel extensively and haven’t encountered this issue before. My phone number is I HAVE REMOVED as I don’t think this is a Private message!
I’ve hit the private message button now but it says I can’t use it as I don’t have the correct access privileges!!!! Aggg
I can’t remember his! but it’s on the same account so you should be able to see it.
Thank you!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, you'll just need to get your post-count up to 5 and then you'll be able to send private messages on here. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LynetteC99
Dabbler

So do you mean that you can’t fix my issue unless I have 5 topics I need to post on?
I do not want to put my mobile number on the public domain for obvious reasons.
Are you saying it is not possible to get help on this unless I can find other topics to post about? If so how else am I supposed to get help with my issue?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Not at all, I can definitely help, you can reply back to this same thread just to get your post count up then you'll be able to message me privately. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LynetteC99
Dabbler

Ok, replying as requested, but not sure I can work out how to send a private message to you?
Do you need to private messsge me first do I can reply directly to that?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

@LynetteC99   just say boo or something here twice more - that will do it, if you can't already pm/

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If you click on my name you'll then see a "send private message" button in grey. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LynetteC99
Dabbler

I’ve tried that. Your name goes pink and no private message notice appears.
I am beginning to get very fed up with this!!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It sounds like you tried to do that before making your 5th post, if you try now you should be able to send a message. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LynetteC99
Dabbler

No I’ve tried numerous times now clicking wherever I see your name
All that happens is your name changes colour
What if you send me a private message direct for me to reply to? Would that work?
I’m going to lose battery and patience soon
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've sent you a private message so you should be able to reply back to that now with your number.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LynetteC99
Dabbler

I still haven’t got any mobile service.
Adam walker from Plusnet said he thought it might be there’s a settting wrong on my account barring international calls which is unlikely as I’ve been abroad in last 2 months. But it’s taken two painful days of private messaging and now Plusnet are claiming my bank details have changed… which they absolutely have not. Without any means of contacting Plusnet direct as I can’t phone them and there is no live chat facility this so called award winning company is absolutely appalling. I will have to find a more reliable provider as soon as we get home. I have now tried everything I can think of to get this fixed.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 379

and now Plusnet are claiming my bank details have changed… which they absolutely have not.

@LynetteC99  there's a problem reported here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Direct-Debit-Payment-Not-Yet-Taken/m-p/1903511#M639... with some accounts with billing dates around the 23 Dec.

Is there any chance that your account is similarly affected ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.