Did you mean: 

No mobile data and problem with porting

FIXED
krys53
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No mobile data and problem with porting

Hi

Can anyone help me please, I am new to plusnet mobile - number ported over last Monday 3rd Dec however I have no data?!? I called support and they told me it’s part of the O2 issue - not sure I believe that! How can I get this issue resolved please (I have an iPhone 6s and have seen posts about phone compatibility issues?!?

My boyfriend also requested his number to be ported at the same time, but his has not worked and was referred to the Ops team. We were told it would happen by Friday - but still no joy and he just keeps getting texts saying it hasn’t worked. I’m not spending another week with these issues and will have to go elsewhere if we can’t get them sorted in the next couple of days.

Any ideas would be grafully received!
12 REPLIES 12
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: No mobile data and problem with porting

@krys53 wrote:
 I am new to plusnet mobile - number ported over last Monday 3rd Dec however I have no data?!?

My boyfriend also requested his number to be ported at the same time, but his has not worked and was referred to the Ops team. We were told it would happen by Friday - but still no joy and he just keeps getting texts saying it hasn’t worked.

Sadly all too common with plusnet. 

@krys53 wrote:
 I’m not spending another week with these issues and will have to go elsewhere if we can’t get them sorted in the next couple of days.

sadly, that will probably be what you have to do

@krys53 wrote:
Hi

I called support and they told me it’s part of the O2 issue

I can NOT see how that could possibly be the case, although PN saying things like that appears to be too common.

Additional problem is plusnet do NOT update their status page with issues, which makes it even harder to see what is going on.

example. It would appear there were widespread loss of service again yesterday (like last week?)  of which there is no mention on the status page, just as there wasn't on the many times I have had people tell me they couldn't get through, or txtx took hours to get to me despite being in 'normal' locations.

If you browse through recent threads, you will see a number with similar issues to you, some going on for weeks unresolved.

You might get a response here some time from support staff, and it will be interesting (probably frustrating for you) to see how that goes.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @krys53,

A warm welcome to the forums and Plusnet!

I am very sorry to hear that you are having this bad experience with us, while we had an outage yesterday and one earlier this week we strive to move past them and help our customers. I will be raising feedback on our advisors who misinformed you there.

Are you still experiencing difficulties using our services? Is it just one service that does not work? e.g. voice/sms/data.

With regards to your boyfriends number port, could you confirm the account reference, full address with postcode and full name via PM so we can take a look into this for you.

RobC
Pro

@krys53

If voice and txtx are OK and its just data you are having an issue with check/set:

iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Mobile or Cellular > Mobile Data Network or Cellular Data Network > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN.

2. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

For Mobile data:
    APN: everywhere
    Username: eesecure
    Password: secure

For MMS:
    APN: eezone
    Username: eesecure
    Password: secure
    MMSC: http://mms/
    MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576

3. Tap the left arrow at the top three times, then press the home button.

4. Check the notification bar for 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. That'll show your connection is working.

If this doesn't work, yet again its probably plusnets setting up of your local PN profile - where most of these sort of problems likely stem from.

@@@Mads

That suggestion regarding you support having an off and on net number for customers to test too and to 'ping' customers with port issues was a serious one.

These issues and the failures to address them are farcical.

PN support needs and is long overdue for the sort of tool I suggested.

krys53
Dabbler

Hi Mads

Sorry for delay in replying, but obviously I need to be on wifi to get my messages as data does not work, so in answer to your question, no my issues are not resolved - how do I PM you?

Thanks

krys53
Dabbler

HI RobC

Unfortunately on my iPhone 6 I don't have the options to check any of these settings. I had already googled an found these suggestions, but have no way of checking/resetting them on my phone. I also found that some support comments had been that the person's phone was incompatible with plusnet which has concerned me slightly.

So far, I have not got the service that I have subscribed to, so will be looking for compensation at least.

Really not happy with the service so far Sad

krys53
Dabbler

I've figured out how to PM lol thanks

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Fix

@krys53 have you tried deleting any old network profiles ?

Delete old network profiles:

Settings > General > Profiles > Select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

krys53
Dabbler

@MisterW

Thank you! No, I hadn't and I've just done that and it has sprung into life - awesome suggestion!!!!!!!

Would you have any suggestion about my boyfriend's porting issue - it's been 6 days and someone was going to call us back but still haven't - would deleting his profile help with that?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I'm afraid your boyfriends issue is different in that the port hasn't completed properly and will need the OP's team to sort out. In your case the port appeared to have completed and the problem was purely lack of data. Deleting the old network profile allowed the new profile to be set from the PN Sim.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

krys53
Dabbler

@MisterW

Thank you for your quick response, I thought that would be too much to hope for Smiley I've PM'd @Mads so hoping she will be able to get back to me and help fix that.

Thank you very much, at least one problem has been sorted out Smiley

RobC
Pro

@krys53 wrote:

@MisterW

Thank you! No, I hadn't and I've just done that and it has sprung into life - awesome suggestion!!!!!!!

Too true

Just coming back to link the issues with some apples hanging on to old apn settings, but MisterW already done it Smiley

I'm Not an apple user, but now I know about that issue, I see its turned up here a lot of times.

Is it an apple device issue or a sim issue? Security setting stopping profile being updated?

One for the apple whizzes to answer and One for the support staff to note ... as they clearly haven't so far 😕

Perhaps add that 'you may need to delete old profile' to the PN APN help I copied my last response from ?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Morning @krys53,

Glad to hear your sim is up and running with the help of @MisterW.

I have now replied via PM.

Thanks.