cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet with 3 or 4G on iPhone 6s

joolsclay

No internet with 3 or 4G on iPhone 6s

Hi

I am unable to connect to the internet via 3 or 4G on my iPhone 6s. Wireless works fine.

I have searched through this forum and have so far tried the following, to no avail...

- Reset the network settings under General, Reset, Reset Network Settings. (unable to manually reset APN settings as emailed by Plusnet customer service as no option to do so on iPhone)

- Turned Mobile Data on and off countless times

- Turned Data Roaming on and off

- Fitted a replacement new SIM card today at suggestion of the problem being a faulty SIM by Plusnet

The strange thing is the 3 or 4G symbol is showing top left by the Plusnet logo. This would suggest to me that mobile data is working. However when go to Safari I just get a message saying cannot open the page as my iPhone is not connected to the internet. Or it says 'Could not activate mobile data network' as 'I'm not subscribed to a mobile data service'.

Can anyone help please? This is my daughters phone, my iPhone 5c works fine on the same account.

Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: No internet with 3 or 4G on iPhone 6s

Apologies for the cheeky questions - do any other apps that require mobile data work (eg maps) and have you verified that the Safari app is permitted to use mobile data?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
joolsclay

Hi, thanks for your reply.

No apps that require mobile data work, eg maps, App Store etc.

Also yes, the Safari app and others not working are permitted to use mobile data.

And the strange thing is that the 3G or 4G are showing on the top left menu.

joolsclay

Provlem now solved! Thank you Quelquod for your reply.

I just found an APN setting for Giffgaff, her previous carrier in the settings somewhere. Deleted that, reset the network settings again and it now works!

Just thought I'd update in case this helps anyone else, though I'm unable to clarify where I found the old setting exactly! Maybe someone else will know. 

Many thanks all 

RobertHenry
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi there!

To clarify upon the discussion of re-configuring your data on an IPhone, you can follow these steps:

Settings>general>profile>remove profile  -  This will remove your previous network's settings
Settings>general>reset>reset network settings  -  This will reconfigure your phone to our network

Hope that helps! If you need any further information down the line, feel free to send us a PM and we'll be happy to help! Smiley

Robert Henry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tab718

Did you ever get this sorted. mine has started to do this since I came back from another country and used a sim card over there. put mine back in on return and it worked a few days then the 4G suddenly stopped. Ordered a new sim but still wouldnt work, but the sim works in another phone. Likewise a working sim, wont work in mine.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Tab718,

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

As you have advised that the SIM works in another phone, it appears the issue could be with the handset. I would advise to speak with the handset manufacturer for further advice. 

Having said this, I can still advise of some troubleshooting steps that may help.

I would advise to perform a network reset. You can do this by the following:

• Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

I would also suggest checking the handset for any previous network profiles that could be stored; this could even be from the network of the SIM card that you recently used abroad. If any are listed, I would advise to delete them all.

Just to advise, our 4G network applies to data only, not calls and texts. Any call and text services, will be sent and received via the 3G frequency band. 

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

Tab718

Thanks for the quick reply Rebeka.  Ive been tot he apple shop who basically said , reset your phone as though its a new one!! I cant see anywhere that shows profiles so Im assuming it didnt set any up.  It was a vodaphone sim card but in Kiev.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

We have found through general troubleshooting previously, that it can be Vodafone profiles already stored on the handset, that tend to interfere with the configuration of the mobile data.

After performing a quick search online, I have found the following:

To remove a configuration profile in iOS:
  1. On your iOS device, open Settings > General.
  2. Scroll to the bottom and open Profiles. If you do not see a "Profiles" section, you do not have a configuration profile installed.
  3. In the "Profiles" section, select the profile you wish to remove and tap Delete Profile.

- Rebeka