cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet service in Spain

suel53

No internet service in Spain

I am currently in Spain and this is the first time I do not appear to have any mobile data service with Plus Net. I have tried to log in to my account, which it won't let me as it says there is a login error. I am unsure what else to try. Does anyone have any suggestions please?

2 REPLIES 2
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: No internet service in Spain

Hi @suel53 , thanks for getting in touch.  

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues accessing mobile data while in Spain. While we can't guarantee service abroad I'm aware this is the first time it's not worked for yourself. Have you tried the following troubleshooting steps?  

Re-booting your handset  

>Turn the handset off

>Remove the SIM card

>Leave it for 10 minutes

>Replace the SIM card

>Turn the handset on

>Turn the handset to ‘flight mode’ for a further 10 minutes

>Turn ‘flight mode’ off.

This will refresh the signal and attempt to reconnect to the network.  

Manually connecting to a network  

We do advise that you may need to manually search for a local network and attempt to connect this way. All handsets vary dependent on their make and model however, I can always specify on where this is located in your settings if I know the make and model of your handset  

Trying the SIM in another handset

If possible, try using a friend/family members handset that is unlocked to all networks to see if the SIM has any network connectivity in an entirely different device.  

It's strange to see you're unable to log into the account from your side, so we can investigate this further, can you please private message:

-Mobile number in question,

-Full name and account name if different from yours,

-Full address including postcode.  

Once you've sent those account details, please let us know via this public post.  

Regards         

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: No internet service in Spain

@suel53  have you previously hit your 'Smart Cap' by any chance ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.