cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No international network

joopjoop

No international network

I'm currently in Germany and can not connect to any network services. I had assumed that following the many notifications about Roam like at Home it would just work when I got here. Is there anything else I need to do to enable international services?

3 REPLIES 3
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: No international network

Make sure first off that your network preference isn't set to manual.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi joopjoop!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing loss of service whilst abroad and although we work hard to provide a continuous high standard of service within the UK, I'm afraid there's no guarantee of service availability overseas. When roaming abroad, It depends entirely on the signal strength, functionality with the masts and local network in that particular area and I'm afraid this isn't something we have control of. 

Since the re-brand to Plusnet mobile, all of our tariffs have International and Roaming access automatically enabled however, some of our old LIFE Mobile tariffs may still have this switched off.

Another possibility could be that you may have capped your services due to exceeding your bundle allowance or using chargeable services.

If you can send me a Private Message, I can certainly check to see if you have capped and to check International and Roaming access are all active for you. 

- Rebeka 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Another possibility could be that you may have capped your services due to exceeding your bundle allowance or using chargeable services.

@RebekaPreston I thought we had established in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Smart-Cap-reached-when-roaming-no-connection-Then-what/m-p/1442... that exceeding the bundle or cap would NOT disable network access in RLAH countries since receiving calls and calling CS via 500 was free.

It depends entirely on the signal strength, functionality with the masts and local network in that particular area and I'm afraid this isn't something we have control of. 

Not quite true , it also depends on PlusNet authenticating access to the remote network, which you DO have control of.

There are WAY too many reports on here where roaming access is not possible and people have demonstrated conclusively that it is not a network signal issue, It's about time that someone took this issue seriously and investigated...

edit: and another one here https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Roaming-Not-working-at-all/m-p/1455105

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.