Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls or text for 10 days

MattJRogers
Hooked
Fixes: 1

No incoming calls or text for 10 days

Hi all,

seems that theres some kind of issue with Plusnets mobile systems. Looking around many posts on this community there seems to be many people who cannot either receive or make calls or texts!

My phone hasn't been able to receive calls or texts since last Monday, thats 10 days ago, and there still sounds like its not going to be fixed in the near future! I've talked to 'support' no less than 6 times now and each time I get either a different excuse, or I get told that 'operations will have to look into this, and this might take 5 days'.

Guys, we all have mobile phones so we can be contacted by other people! If they can't call us, then that sort of is a big problem - how long before someone in Plusnet actually realises that and helps us!?

So hopefully someone from Plusnet might actually see this rant i'm typing at the moment, and actually pull their finger out and do something, rather than tell me again that 'operations will have to look into this, and that might take 5 days' This is not good enough! Its all very well your support people telling me I will be compensated, but I don't care about that. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO USE MY PHONE!!

I'd love some kind of constructive reply to this post from someone at Plusnet please - I have been told on few of my calls to support, that this is a 'known problem', but no one has actually told me what the problem is. I've had a new SIM and tried this SIM in a few other phones, but it still doesn't work... And i'm sure you can see my frustration from this post!

2 REPLIES 2
MarcJohnson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: No incoming calls or text for 10 days

Good evening, Matt!

I fully appreciate where you're coming from on this. Not having full, usable access to your services is of course one of the most troubling situations you can have. Despite appearances on the help forum, it isn't that common - even when occasionally a number of customers are affected by a particular issue, it tends to be contained and quickly fixed.

What makes these situations difficult, in particular for yourself, is that we have to make sure we've identified the particular problem in your case - otherwise applying the wrong solution can waste even more of your time in the long run - and sometimes that warrants a technical escalation. A business week is an estimate of how long that sort of investigation -can- take, so we feel it's right to set a fair expectation there - but of course we aim to get an update back to you much sooner than that and we usually can.

What we do always promise with certainty is that we'll do everything possible to get to the bottom of your problem, and when everything is up and running to satisfaction, we'll look into ways we can make up and make right any and all delay, disruption and downright inconvenience you've experienced.

If you'd like our team to look into this as well, then please feel free to send a private message to me or any one else on the Mobile Help Team, so that we can go into your personal account information. And, we're always here for any other questions or queries you might have about the service in the meantime. Smiley

MattJRogers
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Re: No incoming calls or text for 10 days

Hi Marc,

thanks for the post reply, however unfortunately things have gone on long enough now and, I do think I have already given Plusnet more than enough chances to make things right. I'm disappointed, especially as i've been a loyal Plusnet customer with Broadband/Fibre for over 7 years (rogersmj and mattjrogers usernames). Up until the mobile side I have always been given fair and honest information, and after over 6 calls to technical support, I don't think this has been the case and more often than not the person on the other side of the phone has said anything to get me off it as fast as they can. This might not be the case, but it has definitely felt that way. I have just requested my PAC code and will shortly be leaving Plusnet Mobile.

Virgin Media have just laid cables in our town, and after this very bad experience with Plusnet i'm going to seriously look at my Broadband/Fibre options too. Hopefully Plusnet can in some way gain back my support and confidence, because it is at an all time low at the moment.