No data - tested in two handsets

APN detail manually set up as per plusnet website

H+ 3G signal with T-Mobile sim

Ideas please?
Tags (1)
50 REPLIES 50
Sumed

Re: No data

I have got the same problem. They say it's a sim issue. we are sending a new sim. I have received my new sim. Sadly, still doesn't work.    

geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Sumed @Mrke

Thanks for posting! By the looks of things I'm fairly confident to say I don't think this is anything to do with your SIM cards or your account. Over the last few days on the forum they have been a lot of customers posting about this issue, therefore I believe that this is a problem at Plusnet's end. Hopefully  someone from Plusnet will soon reveal more details.

James

Mrke
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you both for the replies.

I actually ordered 2 sims:

One the data works fine

One there is no data

Therefore as mentioned in other threads it appears the issue is a dodgy batch of sims or the way the network is set up to recognize the sim settings...

Mrke
Grafter

Okay, a little analysis of the sims using an app 'sim card manager' shows a difference between the two, which could possibly point to the reason for the error on one and not the other?

The working sim states 'network type' as LTE

The non working sim states 'network type' as HSPA

The other details appear to align such as:

Sim operator name: plusnet

Sim operator code: 23433

Network operator name: plusnet

Network operator code: 23430

etc

Therefore maybe others having this no data issue could possibly check to see if they have the same 'network type' HSPA?

How could this be brought to the attention of anyone at Plusnet to investigate?

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@Mrke On at least one of the pages on the following link also has at least one report where their LTE also works - https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-Data-Android/td-p/1401847

Other posters over there may be able to report if HSPA doesn't work via the app you've tested yours with.

Zarf99

Hi Mike, same problem here with Moto G 1st series, sim says HSPA.

Mrke
Grafter

Thanks @DS, I've mentioned my findings on the other thread in your link. Hopefully someone else can check and report on this to confirm.

DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

No problem:)

edit. I hope Plusnet will either confirm our deny that mobile customers are on the right track

fuller
Hooked

Just checked. Mine is also HSPA. Think your onto something. As stated everywhere else it seems to be a sim/network issue.

It's amazing we have had no comment from PlusNet. I will be phoning up tomorrow to cancel. Service like this and the PAC transfer issues is unacceptable. I have done a PAC transfer about 7 times and this is the only company that have messed it up!

Mrke
Grafter

@Anonymous could the 'network type' difference mentioned above be the issue? HSPA on a non working sim and LTE on a working one.

Thanks.

adrens
Dabbler

I think it is a symptom of the problem as in most cases it seems to be the case.

I would guess that the SIMs are provisioned incorrectly. At a wild guess old Life mobile SIMs were restricted to 3G and probably had the EE everything APN blocked on the HLR. I wonder if a batch of SIMs are using old Life IMSI (the electronic serial number on the card used to identify and register on the network) that were not updated fully to Plusnet SIM provisions.

One would hope a SIM swap with new IMSI might solve the problem (assuming you don't get a dud replacement), or they need to sort the provisions on the HLR.

Either way it is hard to gauge how much of the customer base has the problem. If it is not that high this could be why there is no proper technical acknowledgement by plusnet, but very frustrating that there are significant problems reported on here but litte response from management. If there is significant numbers one would hope the bad press would spur them into action.

My wife is awaiting a replacement SIM in the vain hope that it might fix the issue, before the end of the 14 day cooling off period!!
DeeCee73
Dabbler

Having checked, I have

SIM operator code  23433

Network operator code  23430

Network type  HSPA+

Unless Plusnet can identify, confirm the issue and resolution before the end of the week I will probably be changing provider.

waccoe
Dabbler

Sorry, posted in an old thread that I found from a few weeks ago, but this seems more relevant.  Having checked my replacement SIM with the app.  I have different settings.

SIM operator code 23430

Network operator code 23430

Network type unknown

Am I wasting my time waiting for "an engineer to look into it"?   Looks like we all just keep ordering replacement SIMs until one of them works Sad  My son's plusnet SIM works fine in my phone, so it's obviously a SIM issue.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Definitely not, I have no problems with mine and the network type varies depending on the signal I'm receiving (as you'd expect to be honest). Because I'm at home right now my signal varies (not PN's fault, it's just my location) between 4G, Edge & HSPA.

That app by the way doesn't seem to refresh the details it reports unless you swipe it shut from your recent apps menu first.

Sorry people, but that's a red herring.