cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

uncle_fungus

Re: No data

I don't think this is a red herring.

Yes, under normal circumstances your network type will change as you move between masts and as the signal varies.

The issue here is that working SIMs will report that they are connected to LTE when in a suitable area, whereas non-working SIMs always try and connect to HSPA. I'm seeing this right now with my sim (not working) and my wife's sim sat on the desk right next to each other.

The working SIM is connected to an LTE network and has a data connection, the non working sim is connected to an HSPA network and has no data connection.

There is another difference that I can see as well, the working SIMs APN has no username or password set, however removing these from the broken SIM doesn't fix it.

waccoe
Dabbler

Spoke to Plusnet just now, was in the process of cancelling, as I'm fed up Sad  They managed to convince me it's not a SIM issue, but a "network issue", which they are aware of and working to fix, although no timescale.  Seems to affect only some SIMs.  Decided to give them a couple more days to sort their problems out. 

angie20
Dabbler

help I cannot change or access apn settings on my iPhone 6, how can I sort it if that's the case. I had 2 sims, one works in hubbys phone but mine doesn't work in any!

Alan56
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Just had an online chat with Plusnet, seems they have data issues

"We have been experiencing data issues lately. What I will do is forward your details to our network engineers. I am afraid there is no time frame to when this will be fixed but we are trying our best to resolve this issue."

Mrke
Grafter

I don't think it's a red herring either as both sims tested in two handsets in the same location and swapped more than once to double check.

@Colin_Maybe

uncle_fungus

I've just requested a replacement SIM, so now I've just got to wait and see if that has the same problem.

Mrke
Grafter

I've just requested a replacement sim too........

waccoe
Dabbler

I'm on my second SIM, with the same issue.  How many are we going to have to go through to get one that works!.  I have a feeling that unless they sort this out pretty quick, they'll have a lot of people jumping ship.

uncle_fungus

Yeah, I hope it gets resolved soon too, especially as we're paying for a service that Plusnet apparently can't actually provide.

I've emailed a bunch of technical stuff to the mobile-help address, which will hopefully get redirected to someone who understands it rather than front-line CS.

CDavman
Hooked

I'm in the same boat too.  I've tried everything I've seen on this forum, but with no luck and debating whether to request a new sim or my PAC code.

If I were to request a new sim does anyone know what the process is? Do they count my current one as faulty/ lost and disable it i.e am I likely to be without a working sim at all until the replacement arrives? What about transferring number to new sim?

adrens
Dabbler

You can ask CS for a replacement. I would say to them because the data doesn't work and check they don't charge you as they may for a lost SIM. Your current SIM keeps working. You need to phone when new sim arrives for them to activate it. The number goes across automatically. SIM cards identify you to the network using the IMSI number not your phone number. Their HLR database determines which SIM is associated with your number. Your new sim will have a new IMSI. Activating it will update the HLR database.

I think it will be pot luck as to whether the new SIM is from the "faulty" batch. Read some reports that some new SIMs also don't work. Or my theory could be wrong and the actual account provisions are wrong on accounts and a new SIM won't correct the incorrect account settings.

Either way they should have got a grip of it by now.

Wife's SIM which she got last week is affected and new sim arrived today. Will update the forums with results later!
gravel
Dabbler

I am having this issue but it has only just happened and appears to be connected to my PAC transfer completing. 4G and H+ were working fine prior to the transfer and now there's nothing.

I'm unsure if this is the same issue others are facing. Mine may be temporary while the transfer completes. Just thought I'd add my comment.

waccoe
Dabbler

For anyone else with this problem, if you ask to be put through to cancellations, they'll refund you your first month, after all, we shouldn't be paying for a service that doesn't work.

If you get a replacement SIM, you have to phone Plusnet to activate it, meant to take between 20mins and 2 hours, but with everything Plusnet related, it can go wrong, as mine did, took over 10 hours.  When it does get activated, the old one gets disabled, and the new one immediately kicks in, so you shouldn't be without calls/texts.

I think I'm going to request another one, nothing to lose, if that one also doesn't work, time to move on.

Turner
Dabbler

gravel, can I just ask how long your port took to appear like it was going through? Thanks Smiley
gravel
Dabbler

Turner

I began the port process on 7 Jan, my old SIM stopped working today and a few hours later I lost data with Plusnet (signalling that my number had indeed transferred). Pretty quick, by all accounts on this forum...