cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data on 3G but 4G works OK

Bradbury86
Dabbler

No data on 3G but 4G works OK

I have a iPhone 6 previously I was with ASda Mobile without any issues.

on a friends recomendations I switched to Plusnet and ported my number over from Asda.

Since day 1 on PN I have had data issues, I have now discovered that I can get data when I am receiving a 4G signal but when it drops to 3G (which seems to happen quite a lot) I can’t get any data. I receive a message on my phone “Could not activate mobile data network turn on mobile data or use wi-fi to access data”.

My wife has a IPhone 5s with Tesco and she gets 3G data ok. I put my wife’s sim into my IPhone 6 and I could access 3G data without any problems. I put the PN sim into my wife’s iphone 5 and 3G data is not working i.e the fault moves with the PN sim.

I have raised this issue under another thread on the forum (“New to Plusnet but far from impressed”) and received various replies from PN support but no solution.

I have done all resets including reset to factory settings and a full restore, I was sent a new sim, sent 3 examples to PN on a couple of occasions.

Now PN tell me that there are no issues with the sim or with 3G data so I am left at wits end.

Before I cancel my PN contract and go back to Asda (and also escalate poor PN service to Ofcomm) can any member of the community offer any advice or possible solution

1 REPLY 1
Bradbury86
Dabbler

Re: No data on 3G but 4G works OK

I have now changed over to a different mobile company and ported my number to new supplier and guess what my iPhone now works on 3G, 4G ok too. So that is three different suppliers where my iPhone worked Ok but not on PN. Yet PN support still insist nothing wrong with PN sim or data???????