Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data in Spain again

FIXED
Jo96
Hooked

No data in Spain again

Hi
I have three plusnet sims. Two of them are working. The third one will not work.
I have spoken to plusnet many times but just give me the standard script. I had no data in April and in Italy in June.
Now in Spain with no data again?
Can anyone help?
44 REPLIES 44
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: No data in Spain again

Hello @Jo96,

I am sorry to hear that your data is not working abroad and for the recent experience with our support team. There could be a few things that are causing this that we would need you to check first.

• Can you check that your Data roaming is switch on.
  • Can you try a manual network selection.
  • If the above fails please can you make sure you have the correct APN settings found here.

If the above fails to resolve the issue, please can you PM me the following information and I will look into this for you.

-Mobile Number.

- Full Name.

-Full address including postcode.

-Can you also confirm with this information if you are the account holder?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Have you tried swapping the SIM with one in a working phone to see if it's the SIM or the phone?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have three plusnet sims. Two of them are working. The third one will not work.

That should give the OPS team a really good opportunity to get to the bottom of why some SIM's don't appear to permit roamingRoll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

@MisterW 

wink.gif

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I'm trying to work out the connection between the promotion of project fear and this topic. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jo96
Hooked

Hi
I have put my sim in my sons phone and it works. I have also put his sim into my phone, and no data. I have been in touch with Plusnet many times. The only thing I can think is that my son went over his data when we were in Spain in Februay. Since then we have had no roaming data.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hello @Jo96,

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have replied to your PM, please get back to me there and I will pick this up straight away.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@Jo96 

I have put my sim in my sons phone and it works. I have also put his sim into my phone, and no data.

So just to be absolutely clear, your sim works and gets data access in both phones , your son's sim gets no data in either phone ?

The only thing I can think is that my son went over his data when we were in Spain in Februay. Since then we have had no roaming data.

Did that cause your son to hit his 'Smart Cap' ?

@SammyM  Is there anecdotal evidence that hitting the Smart Cap whilst roaming disables chargeable roaming, and thus causes subsequent roaming problems ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jo96
Hooked

Yes my sim receives data in both phones and my sons sim has no data in both phones. My son hit his £2 smart cap.
We receive data in the UK but not abroad.
RobC
Pro

@MisterW wrote:

@SammyM  Is there anecdotal evidence that hitting the Smart Cap whilst roaming disables chargeable roaming, and thus causes subsequent roaming problems ?

I've seen that reported repeatedly

and that it often stays disabled even if your package renews and/or change the smart cap

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya Guys,

When a smart cap is reached it would cause any chargeable  services to be disabled, however once everything resets  then they should reactivate.  I am currently in contact with @Jo96 over PM to look into this further.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
RobC
Pro

@SammyM wrote:

Hiya Guys,

When a smart cap is reached it would cause any chargeable  services to be disabled, however once everything resets  then they should reactivate.

@SammyM 

From memory

Switching various things which are  available to you support staff on and off again does not seem to resolve this

- you undoubtedly already know that from the histories we can see here.

Apparently data can start working again when they return to the UK - but not always

... Difference may be that in some cases it did work but stopped working - in others it never worked abroad, in others something just went wrong when the cap was applied - or the reset failed.

It can always be the phone or sim,

BUT I think PN have issues with the customers profiles that are linked to the sim, so a new sim just inherits the old issue.

PN systems just don't seem to properly trap errors when they occur in their systems. Like with porting.

Some corruption on creation or update that almost certainly needs back office tech staff to resolve, and the fault root cause to be addressed (probably ignoring system error returns).

... Except they haven't in the year or so I've been seeing these issues repeat.

😞

Jo96
Hooked

Hi

Here are the three examples of trying to connect to roaming data.

26/7/19 19.43  toggle mobile data off/on - 3g data icon displayed for 1 second then switches off Spain 03724

27/7/19 10.19 - toggle mobile data off/on - 3g data icon displayed for 1 second then switches off Spain 03724

27/7/19 14.53 - toggle mobile data off/on - 3g data icon displayed for 1 second  then switches off Spain 03724

Jo96
Hooked

Sorry I forgot to mention that the phone is a Samsung J5 sm j530f, which is exactly the same as mine, but mine is working.  I have a 4g signal.

My son had roaming data in February when he went over his data limit but he had a smart cap of £2.  When we went abroad in April and June he has had no data since.