cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data - iOS

fairyglobe
Hooked

No data - iOS

Received the SIM card for plusnet mobile today and have no data on my iPhone.

it shows the 3G logo at the top but it just says PDP authentication error. The sim previously used in the iPhone was a Tesco Mobile sim. I have no access to th APN settings so can't manually put in some settings shown on the help pages here. 

Carrier shows EE 27.1 on the settings > general > about page. 

Anybody else having similar issues? Any fixes about? Cheers Smiley

11 REPLIES 11
RJM
Rising Star

Re: No data - iOS

fairyglobe
Hooked

I tried that fix, it didn't work. 

Ive tried an EE sim in it and it worked fine, but the plusnet data not working. Calls and Texts are working fine.

Added an image for reference
InfamousTeal

Had the EXACT same problem. Apparently it's a batch of faulty SIMs, and I've asked customer services to send me out a new one. Not a great start.

alocke
Hooked

I, too, received my PlusNet sim on Friday and have the exact same issue. I have 3G in the corner of my 4G capable iPhone 6S but no data - "PDP Authentication failure" - when accessing a website. I tried in an iPhone 4 and a Nexus 4 (Android) and no internet on any of them either. Interestingly carrier shows EE 25.1 in Settings > General > About in iOS 10.0.2.

I tried resetting my Network Settings but no joy. I cannot even access the APN settings with this sim.

Calls and texts both work.

I tried calling 500. They seem to be aware of the issue and tell me that the "Operations team are looking into it". They suggested:

1. Turning flight mode on for 10 minutes

2. Turn phone off

3. Take sim out for 2-3 minutes

4. Pop sim back in

5. Turn back on.

Am trying this at the moment... but not holding my breath. As mentioned I wonder if this is a sim issue.

I will wait until Monday lunchtime and then ask for a new sim as my PAC code runs out on the 14th Jan!

alocke
Hooked

I see that there are a number of other threads for similar problems recently:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Mobile-Internet/td-p/1402139

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/NO-DATA-no-access-to-APN-settings-on-iphone/td-p/1400224

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/No-Data-Android/td-p/1401847

What concerns me is if the new sim has the same problem as ianking has found in 'No Data - Android'  (last link)...

BeckyO

I got my sim a couple of days ago and have exact same issue. Plusnet just fobbing me off saying it's an IPhone issue and I should call apple support. Very annoyed!
Donnash_31

Definitely not an iPhone issue as I ordered 3 sims - 2 iPhone and 1 android and all have the same problem
Alan56
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Have exactly the same problem with an iPhone 6s that has been ported from Tesco mobile.  Voice and text work fine, but no data even though it is showing 3G connection on screen  Not a great start to the new service

CarusDave

Just to add my name to the growing list of people with the same problem...

Moved from Giffgaff last week, received a new SIM on Friday, number port completed today, but no data Sad

Actually I thought the whole process went very well up to this point, with good email communication...but now I see all the posts on this topic, they are letting themselves down.

Would be good to know if anyone has got this working? Either with a replacement SIM or APN settings?  Though I can no longer find the APN settings, must be hidden by these SIM cards and their servers. I believe the Carriers control this rather than Apple.

Tags (1)
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

The Network Support Team have confirmed that they have identified the issue that was preventing customers from using data. A fix was implemented last night for all new customers. We are working on a fix for any existing customers and will have further information later today.

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

MS007

I am having the same issues. PDP authentication error for SIM which received yesterday.