Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection.

FIXED
athlone123
Hooked

Re: No Data Connection.

Similarly - only resolved by leaving Plusnet and moving to Virgin. Immediately started working again with a 30 second process to load the APN settings.

Lisahods37

Hi, I recently switched to PN, my old number ported on Tuesday and since then I've only been able to get 3G, had 4G with previous provider. I get an error message saying could not activate cellular data I can't seem to find a fix. I have tried resetting network settings but nothing. Can anyone help?
Stoopo
Dabbler

Same here in Portugal! No data connection since we arrived last Sunday yet my wife’s o2 sim works fine in my phone.

I’ve tried all the ‘fixes’ but nothing changes.

I can’t access the apn as the carrier setting just takes me to EE. 

So frustrating as it worked fine in Spain last month! 

I think it’s plusnet who are having problems with some networks but they won’t admit it will they?

PurpleBlackDuck

I confess to not having read the full thread, but I had the exact issue after porting my number across and resolved by changing the carrier settings from automatic to manual and finding the Plusnet network in the list, followed by a sync with ITunes.
BobinLondon

Hi All,  I am still having the problem with no data.  Using a Harrier from EE.  Problems started when I got back from Holland.  Tried new sim, taking it out Apn etc.  No luck.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @BobinLondon, can you PM with your account details so I can look further into this for you.

Stoopo
Dabbler

Don’t bother! They promised me an answer weeks ago and I’m still waiting! 

yellowmoon

I am also having the problem of no internet. The steps I have tried so far include:

- adding the recommended APN settings,

- using a new SIM sent to me by Plusnet,

- taking the SIM out for 5 minutes and then re-inserting,

- getting Plusnet to disable and then re-enable data,

- restoring my handset to factory settings.

I have had 2 long sessions with Plusnet's Technical Support but they have been unable to fix the problem. I have also tried a different SIM in my handset (which works fine) and my SIM in a different handset (also works fine). I have no idea what else to try to fix this issue. Can someone from Plusnet's Technical Support please help?

Stoopo
Dabbler

Good luck with that. I’ve been waiting since 5th Oct for an answer from their technical support. Waste of space.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @yellowmoon, I am sorry to read about these issues and apologies for the frustration caused. Its great that you've tried these troubleshooting steps out already, could you PM me with your full address with postcode, full name, mobile sim number.

yellowmoon

Hi @Mads,

I sent you a couple of Private Messages at the beginning of the week about your suggestion of forcing 3G or 4G mode on my phone. I haven't heard back, are you still looking into this problem? Or can anyone else from Plusnet Tech Support help me, as I've been struggling with this for some weeks now, and it doesn't honestly feel like I'm getting much further forward.

Kind regards

BobinLondon

+ one.  It is getting really boring not hearing any solution or that it can't be solved.  But other people seem to have got their problems solved.  Is Michael Williams not there any more? 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @yellowmoon, I am sorry for the delay. I have just replied back via PM.

@BobinLondon, I would suggest calling into our support teams as they will be able to advise further on the operations side of things.

disk0
Grafter
Fixes: 1

No data connection

Not had the best experience since moving from BT to PN, my mobile working without a hitch before migrating, even if its the same carrier. Activation took over a week, I noticed both mobile and data randomly drop out.
Today I have lost data completely on my android phone, deleted and recreated the APN, reset the phone, tried the sim in a 4g tablet and nothing... Could not have happened at worse time as I am going away for the weekend.
Reading through the forums there are a few horror stories so time to migrate my mobile it would seem
Itdc
Hooked

Re: No data connection

Same here lost data connection since yesterday

Double checked with other sim card the phone is ok. Plusnet said will send a new sim card replacement in 2 working days time but I'm not sure if that will solve the issue. Very frustrated