Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data connection

FIXED
RobJM
Grafter

No data connection

I got a text today saying my port had hit a snag and they were working on it , however , although my new phone(Motorola G4) is working fine (albeit with the new number) calls,text etc I cannot get on the internet , there is no data connection , I have tried resetting the APN , and also making a new one with the details listed on this site , rebooting phone , but with no luck.

Is this just because the port hasn't gone through yet?

The data doesn't seem to work on my old phone ,with old sim now either?

I've seen mention of a possible faulty SIM , would hate to go through all this porting only to have to do it again with another similar card.

6 REPLIES 6
dazzh
Grafter

Re: No data connection

I think it has something to do with your number being ported.

My transferred number has been in porting limbo since Thursday 29 Dec 2016 and I have had no internet access.

Hopefully once your port is complete you will have data access.

RobJM
Grafter

Hope that's all it is , I did the port on the Friday 30th, not a good time I suppose given the holidays , fingers crossed.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Fix

Hi RobJM,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have recently ported your number across, it could be that the port has not yet fully completed, so you will have intermittent service until this has processed. However, I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you, if you would like to send me a private message, I'll be more than happy to take a look.

- Rebeka Smiley

RobJM
Grafter

Thanks Rebekah,

All fixed now, text from Plusnet saying port will complete soon and to periodically reboot phone, first boot and all is OK 🙂

alopez10

Hello Rebeka,

I got a very similar issue. I am on plusnet network for 3 month everything was working fine. And few days ago (around the 9 apr), I went above my data limit. So my internet access was cut. On the 12 apr my monthly is suppose to started again, it did according to the website. But I still don't have access to internet :-(. 

I called 3 times you services, and I did what they asked. Reboot, 10 minutes air planes mode, etc..

I haven't change anything to my setting/phone, I checked the setting they fine. 

Is it possible, that my phone is going through a port, without me knowing it ?

Regards,

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex, 

For a port to take place on your account, you would need to action this. 

If you've not contacted us to port a number over it will not be this, however I'd be more than happy to take a look into the issues for you. 

If you send me a Private Message we can pick things up from there. Smiley