cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data, I don't believe the excuses

thebood
Dabbler

No data, I don't believe the excuses

I have recieved my new sim, which has never recieved data. I have checked the APN settings, tried different phones, all unlocked.

I am told that it is because my number is being ported. Having seen all the other posts, I find it hard to believe. It didn't work before porting.

Can someone with the appropriate expertise, confirm that my sim is not connecting to data because of the port.
Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: No data, I don't believe the excuses

Hi thebood,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Without going into account specifics on a public platform, I'll be unable to confirm that this is the case. However, if you do have a port processing on the account, then you will have intermittent/no service until the port has completed. 

If you want to send me a private message so that I can look into your account, feel free, I'm always happy to help.

- Rebeka 

Turner
Dabbler

When my new SIM card activated in my iPhone 6, I had no data connection AND it wouldn't connect to 4G (even though I know there's coverage here). This was BEFORE I began the port process, so surely CANNOT be related to the connection issues that are beginning to appear widespread, with new threads and posts reporting the same issues. 

The reason I chose to switch to Plusnet mobile was my long term experience with Plusnet broadband, and more recently Plusnet fibre. Any problems have always been dealt with in an open and honest manner, but I'm starting to think moving my mobile over might have been a mistake. 

Please will someone from Plusnet Mobile give a statement as to what the problem is (without using a port process smokescreen). All most people want is to know what's going on, and will have more patience if kept honestly informed. 

Awaiting an open, honest and public reply...

mcdavnix

100% agree Turner.

We've had two Plusnet mobile SIMs for most of a week and neither have ever had a data connection. We haven't started the number port process either to test the coverage and speeds before committing. Given the number of recent threads all with the same theme, spread across many different phone types and OSs (and highly likely, different locations too), I doubt the issue is with the SIM cards themselves and more with the way they hook into the EE network.

While some teething problems are not uncommon for a new service, and aren't actually that big of a deal, it's how they're responded to that matters in the long-run. Currently I'm paying for a Plusnet SIM with 4GB of data I can't use. If there's no tangible progress towards a solution in the next couple of days, unfortunately I don't see much option but to cancel.

thebood
Dabbler

Apparently there is nothing they can do whilst your number is being ported.

Nonsense. The data never worked and others are having the same problem.

Something is clearly wrong and they are not telling us the truth.
Turner
Dabbler

Agreed thebood.

I'm in exactly the same situation as you (no data or 4G before porting, but now 'in' the porting process). 

Well, unless I have a fully ported and working 4G sim with data connection at least a day before my 14 day 'cooling off' period is up, then I'm off to Three! Amazing what you find when given motivation to do so - there's some great deals offered at Three at the moment, so at least I've got an alternative fallback option!

hippo

Had no data for over 2 weeks. Replacement sim sent and has taken 4 days so far to activate - it should happen within 2 hrs! Sim is 'Pending' and CS can't do anything until the sim is activated but CS cant tell me when it might be activated. I have tried all the fixes Plusnet and others have suggested and nothing works. BTW I was also told that you can't even cancel your contract all the time your sim is 'Pending'!! I fully expect the new sim to not work either - as others have found.Will someone from Plusnet realise that this is a major problem and then do something about it rather than fobbing people off with excuses.

thebood
Dabbler

My number has ported and guess what - STILL NO DATA!

Very angry now