cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection in Lanzarote

Simoni67
Dabbler

No connection in Lanzarote

I arrived in Lanzarote last night and received the standard welcome texts, but within minutes of arriving I've had no connection anywhere on the island since. My family on Virgin and Tesco mobile have no issues at all and are receiving full 4g. My data and roaming are all turned on and I've rebooted several times. This is really frustrating and I've had this issue abroad before. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Simoni67
Dabbler

Re: No connection in Lanzarote

Just spoken to customer service in the UK what an absolute joke. Cannot help with international connection as it's related to ee network. Guess what my wife's phone that I'm calling you on is with Virgin which is also ee. I'm leaving Plusnet when I get home, last week I had an issue because they don't support short code text dialling. This really is a 2nd class network in all ways.
japitts
Rising Star

Just because different MVNO providers use the same host network operator, doesn't mean they all have the same "back-end" systems or core networks.

And as a total aside, I wouldn't say Virgin Mobile has particularly great support for short-codes, their forum has more than a gentle sprinkling of similar complaints.

paullowin
Grafter

Down in Costa del Sol also, and from comments seems to be across Spain, but it's ALL the networks in Spain, so has to be a Plusnet issue.  Not paid the bill maybe?

Customer support chat has been offline for days also.

Smelling a rat

Less We'll do you proud, more We'll do you?

Simoni67
Dabbler

Definitely paid my bill, since posting this I'm had reception when on the beach, but as soon as we travel more than 50 meters inland it's gone and we've driven all over the island. When connected it's through Yoigo I can see Orange, Movistar and Vodafone when trying to connect manually but none of them will accept registration.
paullowin
Grafter

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you hadn't paid, I meant plusnet haven't paid the Spanish networks!

Simoni67
Dabbler

I knew what you meant, I suppose I was implying I've paid my bill so why haven't they paid theirs.