cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No call forwarding on Plusnet Mobile !?

Haydon
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: No call forwarding on Plusnet Mobile !?

Yes, well let us know if there are any further developments. I may try out Plusnet myself to see if this is working.

pkw
Aspiring Pro

Well, here's the latest. The PN support asked me to try again and it didn't work. Phone accepted forwarding numbers but on trying the call was cut off. So support concluded - it's not working because it's not supported.

Out of curiosity, I tried again later and voila - it works fine.

So, to conclude, the answer to whether PN supports forwarding or not - at least in my case - is: sometimes it does.

It's a shame I couldn't get to the bottom of this but I think I'll leave it at that.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I’ve just download an app from Google Play (Call Forwarding by DHC Apps) for call forwarding and put my PN phone in forwarding mode to my 3 PAYG sim and it worked first time.

In the settings for the app it has a Prefix Code of *21* and a Postfix Code of # and a Deactivation Code of #21#.

These codes can be customised but the default ones work fine but have no idea of what these codes are doing, I just hope there not routing thought a primary charge number but that said I can’t see it if it is.

With that in mind I’ve turned it off for now to see if anything turns up on my account.

Just a foot note about any charges...

...I put the call forwarding app on my 3 PAYG phone, set it to divert to my PN phone, called my 3 PAYG phone from a GiffGaff phone and all charges are the normal PAYG rates for the outgoing call and the forwarding call so looking good.

Sorry to keep updating this post but just noticed something else.

Just one more thing about the app and going back to the OP forwarding problem, unfortunately it seems this app does not do forwarding on busy or any other configurations so it’s simply call forwarding to any number turned on or off.

Haydon
Dabbler

The app itself seems to have relatively poor reviews because of intrusive advertising and problems removing it once installed, but I doubt you would incur charges simply by using the app to set up a call forward. It seems to be just an interface to the standard GSM code for unconditional call diversion (as you say, **21* etc.) that we have mentioned in this thread.

Anyway, the bigger issue regarding Plusnet is that it does not support conditional call forwarding (on busy etc.), although it may occasionally work.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

@Haydon

There are adverts in a small band across the top of the screen but you only see them for the second it takes to turning the divert on and off.

It seems to work well for just diverting calls to another number but it’s nowhere near a proper diverting system with the likes of diverting when busy because it’s all or nothing.

pkw
Aspiring Pro

DanUK
Dabbler

I've tried the **61*0330xxxxxx# codes to set conditional diverts from my Plusnet Mobile SIM to Hullomail, doing it for unavailable, busy and no answer - they're all accepted, and the phone menu repeats back the 0330 number as if it'd work. 

It doesn't: anyone calling who should be diverted (because I don't answer, the phone is off, or busy) just gets a traditional 'engaged' tone and is not diverted to Plusnet's original or Hullomail's voicemail.

Plusnet's call centre told me that if I looked at YouTube for instructions on how to set diverts, that it'd work.  It didn't.

On a second call they gave me a code **004*0330xxxxxxx*11# to dial instead.  Same - the divert is set but doesn't work.

(Don't make the mistakes that I did of joining Plusnet Mobile to try it out anyway, or when you do and find it doesn't work, don't call asking for a PAC and then accept the suggestion/code to try instead: they don't work... and don't be the complete muppet like I was, and accept the second suggestion/code to try - each time you call you're in a 10-minute queue and after wasting all that time you'll have no working diversion and still no PAC!)