Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alerts for voicemail.

Simon
Grafter

Re: No alerts for voicemail.

@RebekaPreston wrote:

.... As an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and not an MNO (Mobile Network Operator), the premium features related to Voicemail are services that we don't have access to. ...

Hello Rebeka,

Please can you say which premium features related to voicemail are missing from PlusNet as compared to EE?

A comparison table would be useful, at least it might stop us asking why something isn't working when it isn't there to start with..

Thanks,

Simon.

ingasos
Dabbler

Basically, I did not get any notification that I had missed a call and that there is a voicemail waiting for me. The only way I could  find out if I had missed a call was to call the voicemail service (555) to see if there were any messages for me to listen to. 

I resolved this problem by downloading an app called "A better VoiceMail Notifier" from the google store. This app notifies me if I have missed a call and informs me that I have a voicemail waiting to be answered. I'm sure there are other similar apps available, but this is the first one that I came across and it works for me!

I use an unlocked Vodafone Smart Ultra.

6 Android Version 6.0.1   

SimonHobson
Rising Star

Not only do they not tell you if you have a message, but it would appear that checking your voicemail isn't free - it's only included in your minutes allowance and 40p/min if you've used them up. [-Censored-] Angry See https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/#how-do-i-check-my-voicemail-an...

It's hard to find any mention of voicemail on their site - and since it's one of those "everyone offers it" services, they really need to have some prominent notice to say that they don't. Otherwise people will continue to assume that "working" voicemail is standard - where "working" means takes messages and tell you that it's done so Roll_eyes I suppose they'd hide behind the argument that their site doesn't actually say that they offer it …

RichardBridge

I have a very similar problem.  I use an iPhone 6S+ and it is fully updated.  Every so often I get a notification that I have a new voicemail - which I expect to mean NEW voicemail.  When I go to check I find that the voicemail is up to 30 days old (approx) so the caller must be getting the impression that I am uninterested in thier call in that I obviously did not pick up or reply to the call because I did not know it was there.  I expect notification to be prompt. 

I called help and got a lot of twaddle about disabling enabling voicemail on my iPhone - that is not what I want.  I just want the Plusnet voicemail to work properly.  And the instructions how to effect such disabling and re-enabling were wrong anyway.  

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @RichardBridge,

Thanks for getting in touch over the community forums.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the voicemail feature on your mobile service and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

So we can investigate and help resolve this for you, please provide the following:

- Your full name

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

Via PM.

Please give us a nudge here once you have sent the PM so we can pick it up as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Gruner
Hooked

It's very sloppy more so given the fact that it's a BT / EE operation even minnow mobile outfits like 1p provide a proper voicemail service

@RichardBridge wrote:

I have a very similar problem.  I use an iPhone 6S+ and it is fully updated.  Every so often I get a notification that I have a new voicemail - which I expect to mean NEW voicemail.  When I go to check I find that the voicemail is up to 30 days old (approx) so the caller must be getting the impression that I am uninterested in thier call in that I obviously did not pick up or reply to the call because I did not know it was there.  I expect notification to be prompt. 

I called help and got a lot of twaddle about disabling enabling voicemail on my iPhone - that is not what I want.  I just want the Plusnet voicemail to work properly.  And the instructions how to effect such disabling and re-enabling were wrong anyway.  

SimonHobson
Rising Star

@Mads wrote:

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the voicemail feature on your mobile service and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

While it is good that the support team are actually picking up on these threads, but (without any disrespect to you personally) it's clear from the volume and nature of the comments made that it's a widespread systematic problem with your voicemail platform. I have the same problem since changing from a Moto G (where voicemail notifications worked) to a Samsung S6 (where they don't - consistently).

What people want is not apologies for the poor service, but a fix for what I think nearly everyone thinks should be a standard feature of any voicemail system. Other providers (of all sizes, both real and virtual networks) seem to have no problem. Perhaps Plusnet need to be talking to the voicemail appliance provider ?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Simon, that's understandable. I'll make sure your comments are passed on. I can't confirm if we are looking into this as a more widespread issue but I will make sure that possibility is looked into. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
catshill1
Grafter

I have had to turn off voicemail as I was missing a lot of messages (Samsung S6) that were being left for me but I wasn't being notified of unless I rebooted the phone. And yes Plusnet I logged a call and receive a new SIM but still not difference.  

Has anyone got any workarounds. I note that "A Better VoiceMail Notifier" costs £2.99 but gets poor reviews.

Just Google "plusnet voicemail notifications" and the plethora of links will tell you that this has been an ongoing issue for years.

ingasos
Dabbler

Hi,

I have been using A Better Voicemail Notification V1.5 for the last few years without any problems. I'm sure it was free when I downloaded it from Play Store, but it might have changed since then. 

As I could not get the voicemail service to work on the plusnet mobile service, I tried a range of different Voicemail type apps on my unlocked Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 phone. After trying a number of different voicemail apps I but found (at that time) that "A Better Voicemail Notification" V1.5 worked well for me. I'm sure there are newer one out there, but as this one works for me I'll stick with it. Hopefully you will find something that works for you.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @catshill1,

Sorry to hear the previous troubleshooting steps didn't work. We can of course turn the voicemail feature off and on from this side - if you would like us to try this please drop the following information:

- Your full name (if different to account holders)

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet mobile number

Via PM.

Thank you.

SimonHobson
Rising Star

As I've written before, while it's great that someone from support is looking at these threads, as before - you've missed the point. Users like myself and catshill1 don't want to turn voicemail off - we want it to work properly Ticked_off

I've not heard of other network operators having this problem, it sounds a lot like Plusnet either CBA to talk to the voicemail vendor - or perhaps there's an upgrade needed and Plusnet are too tight to pay for it. I bet Plusnet won't say what voicemail platform they use in case we start contacting the vendor ourselves and find out the truth Angry