cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No alerts for voicemail.

QuanticLeap

No alerts for voicemail.

I am not getting alerts for voicemail. The only way I can access voicemail to restart my phone. When I go into the call settings and try to enable the Always forward function using the default code: VM: 555, I get Failed to read data - unexpected response from network, as a response. Can you provide a solution for this problem?Huh

26 REPLIES 26
CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Re: No alerts for voicemail.

Hi QuanticLeap,

Thanks for getting in touch with your question!

As Plusnet mobile is an MVNO, we do have a basic voicemail service which may not always have the same functionality as other mobile networks. We tend to find that the voicemail notifications do vary from handset to handset, some handsets do allow you to manually enable the notifications, but this is not something we can do via the network.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, if you've any questions please feel free to send myself a PM - I'm happy to help.

- Charlie

notasuch
Dabbler

Hi Charlie,

I have a similar problem with voicemail.  The alerts only come through  after I reboot the phone.  Is there any way of rectifying this as it means I miss message alerts?

I have a Samsung A5 (2017).  I previously had Samsung A3 and it worked fine.

I've tried phoning the customer service line and they have given me MMI codes - but they only enable/disable call forwarding, they don't sort this issue.

Personal option 3 in the call voicemail menu says I can change the alerts to email or phone call, but the option to do so isn't there when I go to execute it.

Is this rectifiable or does the MVNO/basic voicemail issue stop this from working.  If so might there be a fix for this in the future?

Anyone else have this issue?

Many thanks,

Vincent

CharlieRobinson
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 2

Hi Vincent!

Being a limited voicemail service, certain menu options may be inaccessible. I understand that this may be an inconvenience, so I'll certainly see that your case, and others similar, are fed back and looked into; although for now, there's no plans to make any changes to the voicemail service.

- Charlie

notasuch
Dabbler

Thanks Charlie,

Appreciate your response.

It's obviously a software compatibility issue (as the service worked fine on the older Samsung A3) - so if you, or anyone else, hear of any specific samsung patches or fixes for this issue on the A5 (2017), please share as they become available.

Best,

Vincent

Gruner
Hooked

I've just switched self & wife from EE and am surprised to be affected by this annoying issue. No problems with my wifes Samsung S7 but no notifications or status bar icons on my Xiaomi Redmi 4X. 

PlusNet claim "proud to use EE network" but they should also qualify by saying "we use basic cut down voicemail service" !

notasuch
Dabbler

Thanks for sharing Gruner,

Charlie, could you put a little pressure on your tech team to come up with a solution to this please?  At least reporting the handsets for which the issue needs to be rectified?

Thank you!

Vincent

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi notasuch,

As Charlie has advised, we do have a limited Voicemail service and don't have access to any premium features within this. I completely understand how frustrating it can be to not receive Voicemail notifications however, this isn't an issue and is part of the basic service provided. 

It has been known for some notifications to work in certain handsets however if this does work, it is entirely handset and handset setting dependent and not related to the network.

I must advise that this is not an 'issue' with the Voicemail service however, we have sent off for more clarification from our Operations Team regarding this in another thread and they're currently looking into it. As soon as we have some more information, we'll be sure to let you know.

- Rebeka 

notasuch
Dabbler

Hi Rebeka,

As a paying customer I am dissatisfied with the tone of your response.

This most definitely is an 'issue' with the voicemail service, for me and for other customers.  Please take responsibility on this.  When signing up as a new customer, no one in sales pointed out that to me that the choice of handset would affect functionality of alerts, or that Plusnet had a limited voicemail service. (even if this does happen to be buried somewhere in small print) I don't think it is reasonable to state that voicemail alerts are a 'premium feature'.

All I ask is that as a matter of customer satisfaction (and customer retention in the long run) you look into and try to resolve this problem and to try to improve your service.

On this note, thanks for having the operations team look into this.

Could you also please provide me with a name, email address and direct telephone number of a senior member of your customer services team by direct message please.

Best wishes,

Vincent

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Vincent, 

Apologies if my response came across as abrupt, this certainly wasn't the intention. 

I completely understand the inconvenience and frustration that this can cause however, I do have to advise that this is the Voicemail service that we provide. As an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and not an MNO (Mobile Network Operator), the premium features related to Voicemail are services that we don't have access to. 

As soon as we have response from our Operations Team, we'll be sure to let you know.

If you would like to speak to a manager regarding this, you can get in touch by calling 500 free from your mobile and request this, or email into us at mobile-help@plus.net. 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to get back in touch.

- Rebeka 

Gruner
Hooked

@notasuch wrote:

Hi Rebeka,

As a paying customer I am dissatisfied with the tone of your response.

This most definitely is an 'issue' with the voicemail service, for me and for other customers.  Please take responsibility on this.  When signing up as a new customer, no one in sales pointed out that to me that the choice of handset would affect functionality of alerts, or that Plusnet had a limited voicemail service. (even if this does happen to be buried somewhere in small print) I don't think it is reasonable to state that voicemail alerts are a 'premium feature'.

All I ask is that as a matter of customer satisfaction (and customer retention in the long run) you look into and try to resolve this problem and to try to improve your service.

On this note, thanks for having the operations team look into this.

Could you also please provide me with a name, email address and direct telephone number of a senior member of your customer services team by direct message please.

Best wishes,

Vincent

My sentiments exactly Vincent.

What use is voicemail if it will not alert you to a new message ?

My gut feeling is that blaming the device is a sop with respect Rebeka virtual or non virtual networks doesn't wash with me - EE and other providers don't have this problem and it is a serious issue with PlusNet going by the number of postings on this forum going back to PlusNets entry into the monthly SIM only game. Prior to the last 12 months with EE I did a year with Talkmobile and in 2015 a year with EE, before that 10 years plus with o2 - all these networks and the various Android and Blackberry devices used gave notifications. My family again with 'Droid phones had no issues with Sainsburys, Asda, Three, GiffGaff, o2 and iD Mobile over many years

PlusNet with the backing of BT and EE need to get this sorted fast before word of it spreads over the web with new sign ups  decreasing and PAC requests increasing - why would anyone switch to a service knowing it may not provide an acceptable voicemail service ?Huh

PlusNet with the backing of BT and EE need to get this sorted fast before word of it spreads over the web with new sign ups  decreasing and PAC requests increasing - why would anyone switch to a service knowing it may not provide an acceptable voicemail service ?Huh

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter and removed.

bowieben
Hooked

It is very frustrating that Plusnet are still dismissing this and claiming this is not an issue.

Vincent - take a look at this thread. It is infuriating that they have marked this as 'fixed'! 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Samsung-s8-has-not-voicemail-notification/td-p/1482935

As previously pointed out, the voicemail alert works upon restarting the phone. So the phone and network are capable of providing this most basic service. Someone needs to investigate as to what is happening that is different upon a restart vs. when a voicemail is received.

notasuch
Dabbler

Thanks for sharing Bowieben,

It's frustrating alright!

SimonHobson
Rising Star

Just bumping this thread - and yes I've read the other threads as well. Is Plusnet still living in a reality distortion field and claiming that a WORKING voicemail is a premium feature ? It isn't for me, and a voicemail service that doesn't tell you when you have a message is a BROKEN service<period>
Just saying that as an MVNO it can't work is bluntly a pile of steaming male bovine manure and we all recognise the smell of it.
What is now really clear from several issues (this one and the IPv6 debarcle for example) suggest that PN just doesn't care and is in a race to the bottom with the likes of TalkTalk.
I've been with PN for a long time now - since my exchange first got ADSL. Over the years the reasons for sticking with them have been dwindling: support ? gone badly downhill; value ? TBH there are better value out there; IPv6 ? well they claim to have heard of it while all the main competitors already have it as standard; and now trying to claim that VM notification is a "premium feature". They'll be telling us next that having the phone ring when someone calls you is a premium feature - IMO it really is comparable.
Was going to switch mum's mobile to PN - be going to someone else now, as will I soon.
ingasos
Dabbler

I had the same problem, but I have found an app that works well and notifies me of any voicemail messages. Its called 

A Better VoiceMail Notifier and its downloadable from the playstore. I'm sure there are others but this one works for me.