cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi calling or volte? Is this real?

Dan111

No WiFi calling or volte? Is this real?

Just received my new SIM that I ported from 3 to join as a customer. But now I'm reading online that there's no VoLTE or WiFi calling. Surely not? These are basic these days so I didn't even think to check if this was offered or not.

Would really rather not move a few days after joining but if these aren't on the pipeline I'm not sure I have much choice. Very surprised!
8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: No WiFi calling or volte? Is this real?

@Dan111 Plusnet mobile is extremely basic, hence the price, but no, neither of those options are currently available.

John
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

Also you can receive short code text messages but not reply to them 

PlusNet mobile use the EE signal but there are bands they don't use so it's not the same as EE they just say

"Plusnet Mobile is proud to use the UK's best network"

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Dan111 

WiFi calling has been requested since last decade when PN Mobile launched so I doubt it will turn up anytime soon. As others have said they also have access to less of the EE mobile bands so signal etc is different.

There is no way that Plusnet would feature match EE (remember both are owned by BT Plc) so Plusnet is aimed at people who just look at cost.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Dan111

Any networks that offer free European roaming, and WiFi calling/VoLTE at a reasonable price?
Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

I have just changed from PN to Lebara via a special offer on USwitch 

U/L mins U/L texts and 21GB data and 100 mins international calls for £7.95 per month reduced to £3.18 for three months with no increases of CPI + 3.9% in March/April which I found to be unreasonable 

They use Vodaphone and where I live the signal is better than PN/EE no doubt other places may not be the same 

I used the PAC code text 65075 and did everything on line very pleased with the outcome 

Give USwich a look you must do it through them to get the deal 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Dan111 

MoneySavingExpert maintain a page about roaming at https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mobiles/cheap-roaming-calls/ 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

As a now non PN customer I’ve moved my SIM to ASDA Mobile with a £5 bundled with 3GB data, unlimited calls and text along with Wi-Fi Calling and 4G calling to boot. If you require 5G you will need the £10 and above bundles along with the larger data amounts to cope with 5G.

Works on the Vodafone network and bundles can simply be stopped anytime in your account or you can change bundles by the month, upgrade or down grade as life requires sometimes. For instance if your going to Europe for your holidays you can buy the £10 bundle just for that month and get 12GB data and unlimited calls and text with roaming and 5G to boot.

I find it very strange that PN staff actively encourage user to switch to another network should you want these 21st century systems as I was happy with PN/Life mobile for years until it became antiquated.

Apprentice
Grafter

I've just ordered a sim card from LEBARA with 15G data for 94p per month for 6 months and then it is full price after that, it is a monthly contract so you can leave when you wish.

My PN contract ends the start of neext month, good data speeds from PN/EE but phone signal poor when compared to an EE sim card.