cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Voice Service

kelvin
Grafter

No Voice Service

I have been a member of this form for some time but not have posted since the new community forum was set up as everything has been fine.

Based on the service for landline and broadband I moved my mobile to Plusnet from BT a couple of months ago.

Although the signal has been weaker in my house I have had no real problems until yesterday morning when my phone told me there was no voice service. I was still getting the message mid afternoon so contacted Plusnet who referred me to the EE site.

The implication was that the fault laid with EE and I could track the fault fix on there web site. I had a look and could see nothing but had to go out so just left it.

I still have no service which is totally unacceptable.

My landline/broadband contract expires in less than a week and I find myself thinking of moving it all to BT.

Any other residents of Mid Sussex having the same problem

6 REPLIES 6
Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: No Voice Service

Did you check their mast checker page? https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

kelvin
Grafter

Thanks Colin_Maybe.

It would have been useful had the web chat person given me this link yesterday. It tells me there is a problem but no time fix.

Do Plusnet compensate their customers for down time?

In more than 20 years of mobile ownership on O2 and BT I have never had this problem before.

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

You'd have to ask PN about compensation although you do realise that EE own (presumably) and maintain the mast, not PN? They just piggyback on it.

I'd say you've been more than extremely fortunate not to have had any work done on a mast that you've used previously.

kelvin
Grafter

Yes I realise it's an EE mast but my contract is with Plusnet so compensation comes from them. I presume they get their compensation from EE, much in the same way they get compensation from Openreach for lack of service.

I am not hopeful though

SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Kelvin, I'm very sorry to hear there's some problems with the masts in your area! 

While we have no control over the masts themselves and these are run by EE if you drop me a private message we can certainly discuss this further. 

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

@kelvin wrote:

Based on the service for landline and broadband I moved my mobile to Plusnet from BT a couple of months ago.

Although the signal has been weaker in my house I have had no real problems until yesterday morning when my phone told me there was no voice service.

BT retail, EE and PN are subsidiaries of the BT group.

BT and PN mobike are hosted on the same EE network using the same masts and antennas etc

As such the EE signal strength  at your house will be the same for both providers.

@kelvin wrote:
Yes I realise it's an EE mast but my contract is with Plusnet so compensation comes from them. I presume they get their compensation from EE, much in the same way they get compensation from Openreach for lack of service.

I doubt that Openreach are a monopoly and regulated by OFCOM. I beleive OFCOM mandate that Openreach have to provide ISPS compensation for not meeting their repair service levels.

As the are four mobile network operators OFCOM do not regulate them as tightly as there is deemed to be a market.

Richard