Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service on my mobile

FIXED
brush6136
Grafter
Fixes: 2

No Service on my mobile

Hi for the past hour or more, no service Glossop area. Any info on this please?

Thanks

Harry Broom

Don't use a big word where a diminutive word will suffice.
6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No Service on my mobile

Thanks for getting in touch.

So we can investigate further can you PM us your mobile number or account number along with your full address and postcode?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
brush6136
Grafter

Fix
Hi it came back in the past 15-20 minutes and started at a fairly low strength and seems to be back to normal. I will PM you just in case this is a fluke.
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @brush6136,

It appears there was a network outage in the area which was recently resolved. Unfortunately it doesn't advise the cause, however should you experience any further network issues you can check the net work here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
brush6136
Grafter

Thanks for that. The link confirms that work has been done so that explains the outage. On the other hand a utility that I use which amongst other things shows network operators masts in the vicinity, shows that I'm now getting a signal from a different EE mast which is physically further away. I'm on the edge of the Peak District and reception is often an issue because of the terrain. I live in town and this "new" mast is out in the country not very far from the start of the Snake Pass!
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting back in touch @brush6136

Your device will always try and connect to the strongest signal, on occasions this can sometimes mean it doesn't connect to the nearest mast. Are you experiencing issues with the signal or has it settled down?

Regards

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
brush6136
Grafter

It has settled but at a slightly weaker strength (measured at home). Currently I'm getting 35-40% whereas prior to the outage it was usually 50-55%