Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service message on phone yesterday

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

No Service message on phone yesterday

Mobile kept coming up with No Plusnet Service yesterday.  problem was intermittent so when service was available I phoned 500 to talk to customer services to see what it could be.  After 20 minutes on hold I gave up.  Service seems to be OK today.

1 REPLY 1
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: No Service message on phone yesterday

Hi cjags!

Thanks for taking the time out to get in touch with us, It's much appreciated. 

I'm sorry to hear you were on hold for a while. Sometimes we experience a high volume of calls, and when this happens, we work hard to answer all queries as quickly as possible. 

If you ever need to get back in touch with us again, you can always get in touch by other contact methods such as Social Media (Facebook and Twitter), Live Chat, E-mailing into us at mobile-help@plus.net or alternatively, drop one of the 'online' staff here a Private Message and we'll certainly pick it up. You can find the status of our activity by clicking on our name, looking at our profile, and seeing the 'online' or 'offline' tab on the right hand side. The mobile staff that you can contact are:

@RebekaPreston

@CharlieRobinson

@MichaelWilliams

@SarahStewart

If you experience any issues with your service, you can always pop over to http://ee.co.uk/why-ee/mobile-coverage/network-status-checker, input your postcode, and this will tell you if there are any issues or maintenance works present in your area. 

I understand your service seems to be up and running today however, sometimes, a manual re-boot is required to refresh the signal to the SIM card. You can do this by:

• Turning the handset off
  • Taking the SIM card out
  • Leaving it for a couple of minutes
  • Replacing the SIM card
  • Turning the handset back on again

It's important to remove the SIM from the handset entirely so that it can disconnect from the network and establish a brand new connecction upon re-boot. 

If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask away and I'll do my best to help!

- Rebeka Smiley