cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service in Lanzarote

Gus1

No Service in Lanzarote

I have been without a service in Lanzarote for over 3 weeks. Numerous emails and telephone calls but Plusnet seem unable to resolve the issue. A total lack of urgency in this organisation, unable to speak to anyone with the power to sort the problem. Loss of Movistar, our normal provider and only able to log on to Yoigo which is unworkable. When trapped in Lanzarote trying book return flights, testing etc. can be a very frustrating experience without an operational mobile phone! A very disgruntled customer who will have to change provider on return to UK. Take note if you intend travelling in Europe.

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Re: No Service in Lanzarote

@Gus1 I've been noticing quite a few reports of this nature recently where people have been unable to use their service in Spain (Lanzarote as a part of Spain). Looking at those ones and the responses we received from our suppliers who have been able to find any issues with the network, the preferred network we have agreements with is Telefonica. 

Can you select that from the list of available roaming networks on your phone? 

Feel free to drop me a PM with your mobile number and I'll be happy to take a closer look.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks @Gandalf 

Been a while since I went there, I believe the Telefonica network is called Movistar?

So try that one.

Gus1

Hi Alex, 

That seems to be the issue, No Service from Movistar or any other provider except Yoigo which is unworkable. The local Movistar system seems to be working fine. My friend (EE) is orange with no problem. Perhaps there is a contractual issue between providers?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

Hi everybody (Hi Dr Nick)

This problem's under investigation as we've received a number of these type of issues we suspect there may be something in common (although there might not be) however to assist with the investigation if anybody is experiencing roaming issues in Spain, can you drop me a private message by going Here with specific locations you have the issues at?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet