Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service in Alcaucin in Spain, has been fine for last 12 months

FIXED
Sollii
Hooked

No Service in Alcaucin in Spain, has been fine for last 12 months

There is no Service 20km inland from the Coast in Spain, I am located in a village called Alcaucin, it has been fine for 11 months but 3 weeks ago all service stopped. It also applies to my daughters phone that has the same problem. If we travel to the coast service is resumed.

If I manually look for mobile networks I get a long list

Orange 4G (forbidden), Orange 3G (forbidden) same with Moviestar and Vodaphone, loads of option all with forbidden after them.

It is a bit annoying to have to travel 20km to receive a text or phone call, especially as with security a lot of financial places will not allow transactions without a SMS or phone call so to transfer money I have to drive to the coast. 

2 REPLIES 2
paullowin
Grafter

Re: No Service in Alcaucin in Spain, has been fine for last 12 months

The problem seems almost random. Some people are saying they can only use Yoigo and even plusnet are saying use Yoigo, but I have no problem now with calls, I am connected to movistar right now, no issue at all, BUT NO DATA. 

It is very clearly a plusnet issue but either they don't know how to fix it or as seems likely given that it's been weeks, they don't want to fix it.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: No Service in Alcaucin in Spain, has been fine for last 12 months

Fix

Hello @all, 

We’ve had confirmation that the Global partner team have reconfigured the Orange Spain network so you should now be able to connect to that network and stay connected. Please try and connect via Orange Spain rather Movistar/Vodaphone. 

Let us know if this doesn't work and if you need further assistance.