Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service (Yet??)

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

No Service (Yet??)

Ordered a sim for my wife on Sunday. Surprisingly quickly it arrived yesterday (Tuesday) even though Monday was a holiday. Got an email today (Wednesday) to say that the new sim was now active. Very quick so far.

But with the new sim there's no service. Is it too early to be worried? To be honest I wasn't expecting it to be set up for a couple of days (as per the website) and when I got my one it took a couple of days after it arrived to start working. Should I just wait a bit?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: No Service (Yet??)

I would give them a call or use chat to check if it has been activated - if it has could be a duff sim
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @quelquod

Thanks for getting in touch. All of our new SIM cards will arrive and automatically activate within 1-2 working days after the dispatch date. Once it's Live, you'll receive a Welcome Email to confirm and this will also contain your details for My Account. If you've received the email, this will indicate your services are up and running.

In order to kick-start the connection, have you tried to remove the SIM/ reboot your handset?

The handset may also be locked to the previous network, so it's best to double check it's unlocked for our SIM card to work! I hope this helps. If there's still no further improvement, you'll need to try the SIM within another device, as this would determine whether it's a fault with the SIM or the current handset you're using. 

Let us know how you get on. -Ashleigh 

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Sorted via on-line chat ([CSA Removed] IIRC but me memory's not what it was Wink )

Just required a switch off/insert sim/switch on sequence to get it going. Might be worth mentioning this in the welcome email actually as it might save a few puzzled phone-ins.

Odd in a way - this is our 2nd sim, both on IPhone 6, both transferring from O2, but mine worked directly and my wife's needed a reset. Ah well!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!