cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SIM card

andyc2

No SIM card

I transferred to plusnet mobile recently and my number ported over last Wednesday 2nd September. Trouble is I’ve never received a SIM through the post from plusnet so have been without a phone since Wednesday and now it’s going to be all weekend too. I’ve phoned for help and they keep telling me it will arrive tomorrow. I give up now, going to buy a SIM from a shop and cancel mobile and broadband. What an awful experience
2 REPLIES 2
andyc2

Re: No SIM card

Ok so I went to shop and bought a SIM card as unfortunately I couldn’t be without a phone all weekend, got a PAC code from plusnet and transfer number will happen on Tuesday. Will this automatically close my mobile account with plusnet or do I need to call. Also I paid £6 upfront will it be refunded as I never received a SIM from plusnet and cancelled within 14 days?
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: No SIM card

Years since I did a PAC code transfer, only ever did it once from Vodafone to EE.

I believe a PAC is valid for 30 days and if you don't use it, nothing happens. You have so it will cancel your service from PlusNet on your old SIM (which you don't have so you won't know), within a couple of days. In regards to a refund that is up to PlusNet. So you'll need to contact them.

Couldn't you have waited until you had the PlusNet SIM, (it will be blank - no network connectivity et al) and then given PlusNet your PAC code. Then you'd would have both SIM's in your possetion. They it will just be a case of waiting 2 days, and then when your old SIM stops working, you just swap them over.

I just don't trust mail companies and it may have got lost.

It wasn't easy for me, not that I have many friends, but I've had the same mobile number since 1997 (when I first got one) and it went through fine. I know how nerve racking it is, and I hope you get it sorted.