cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile data or texts for over a week

ge
Hooked

Re: No Mobile data or texts for over a week

As you say only PlusNet are seeing this and customers who cant get a service so worth putting on Facebook as well as contacting Watchdog as this is getting ridiculous!

statto
Hooked

Looking for an update please Plusnet. Pm'd my details to @Mads now approaching two weeks without data or ability to send texts. Don't want to leave but need a service that works and seems that nobody knows what to do.
Julesdby
Dabbler

Feel your pain I also have PM'd Mads and no reply... Or even acknowledgement
May I suggest we all post reviews on Trustpilot and explain to the world the service they can expect.
ge
Hooked

Suddenly my mobile data and texts came back this morning about 9.00am. Brilliant but..... just so worried this will happen again and it'll be another week and a half for it to be resolved and no explanation.

Wonder how you'll doing? hoping things have been resolved.

statto
Hooked

yes, came back just now, just like that - no reason, nothing done - rocked my confidence now so will leave wi-fi off all day and see how it fares.  I have already decided to leave plusnet and take the family with me - this whole episode has really shocked me.  No explanation, no communication of root cause, no re-assurance that it won't happen again.

J_Rowlands
Dabbler

Hi, I've just been in touch with the Plusnet mobile. This time they asked for an example of a failed sent message i.e the number it was sent from and the number it was sent to so that they could track it and see why it failed. As they do not own the network they have to forward this information on to EE. There is no resolution time or date given, I have to just cross my fingers and hope for the best!!!! At least it has been logged this time!

andyjc1
Hooked

Service still down for me, now day 12 still  no data or ability to send texts, interesting that others have reported service back this morning. I have now lost confidence in Plusnet so will be ordering sim from another network today as I cant risk this happening again. Very poor customer service, no communications to affected users or explanations as to what is going on

My Plusnet sim deal was relatively cheap but I guess as the saying , "you get what you pay for" certainly comes into play here

Gerryb

Started working today, so thanks to the Plusnet moderators if they played a part in that, but too late as my Sky SIM turned up in the post so will be my go forward service.

Ricknles

Mine has started working today as well. Would be nice to get some feedback on what problem was. Wouldn't like to think it will happen again. 

ge
Hooked

I agree. If we know what happened then better to inform PlusNet of the answer instead of the usual saying it's the phone's fault.

andyjc1
Hooked

service still not back for me, but I have already requested my PAC and will be moving Virgin Mobile tomorrow....

bit worried that Virgin Mobile also piggy back EE and that the fault might port with my number to Virgin.

Unfortunately EE is the only network with good coverage near my home so I have to use them

I will know by the weekend I guess if Porting my Number to Virgin resolves the issue

Once again I must emphasize the lack of communication from Plusnet to all the people experiencing these issues 

Yes the call center staff are friendly and polite but that is of no use, when all we we want are definitive answers and some ETA of a resolution, instead we get absolutely nothing.

Companies really do deserve to loose customers when they treat them in this way.

Julesdby
Dabbler

My mums phone is still not sorted. I have rung numerous times and sent my details to @Mads I even provided my mobile number as a point of contact for her.
No message on here, no phone call and no service.
Some phones are sorted so they obviously know the problem at least now.. It appears Plusnet do not understand the word "communication" which for a telecommunications provider is appalling.
More information available from customers. Plusnet you should be ashamed.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Julesdby

I am deeply sorry to hear your mum has not been able to use her mobile services and for the numerous times you had to chase up this query.

There is a known issue on our network that is currently being looked into by our Mobile Operations Team.

We are currently waiting for a resolution on this issue.

When we have a new update regarding this matter, we will notify you further on this active community thread.

I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards.

Julesdby
Dabbler

At last an update thanks @Dumbledore
According to this thread some of your remaining customers that have not left and found a reliable supplier, have had the issue fixed so it would appear the fix is out there... For some
Looking forward to an update soon, but seriously thanks for some sort of contact at last
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Julesdby, thanks for getting back to us. Apologies for the delay in response via PM - I have just replied.