cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile data or texts for over a week

statto
Hooked

Re: No Mobile data or texts for over a week

just pm'd Mads - let's wait and see what happens otherwise I need to move to another provider - cannot be without ability to send texts or use data

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @ge,

I have emailed Mads for you, letting her know you have messaged her if she hasn't responded already.

Hi @J_Rowlands and @Julesdby,

I am sorry to hear you are experience problems with our mobile service. Please can you remove the sim from your phone and wipe with a smooth cloth if you haven't already done so.

If you are still experiencing issues with would advise to;

• To go to your settings and select a different network and once you receive an error message, go back into settings and choose the Plusnet network.
  • Try your sim in an alternative phone.

I am out of the office tomorrow however If the issue still persists feel free to private message @Gandalf or @MatthewWheeler, who are in the office tomorrow as they can investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
statto
Hooked

to clarify;

- have swapped sim from my phone (android) to daughter's phone (iphone) who is also plusnet - her sim works in my phone fully without any setting changes.  My sim doesn't work in her iphone and it shows PlusNet 3G only instead of 4G.  Swapped back and her phone works again using her own sim on plusnet, my sim does not work in my phone.

Also did the register on another network and back again trick - no good

Proves that the problem is not related to the phone.  Voice unaffected, texts can be received, cannot send texts or use data.

Seems that @Gandalf has the ability to fix the issue on similar thread so hopefully @Mads can have a discussion with @Gandalf about what action to take.

Looking forward to this being fixed.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @statto & @ge, I have now replied to both your PM's.

statto
Hooked

@Mads - thanks for PM have responded

andyjc1
Hooked

same problem here too, been with Plusnet for only 6 weeks and had have no data for the past 10 days I also cannot send text messages. Spent 1.5 hours on phone Support with plusnet but still no fix. they have also sent me out a new sim which had no effect. I am told the problem is with EE network and they opened ticket with EE, I received a reply from EE 2 days ago to say there was no problem with service in my postcode. its a totally ridiculous situation, thankfully I am only in a 30 day contract so I have cut my losses and already requested my PAC code and will move to another operator this week. 

I'm really disappointed with Plusnet and I would not recommend them after this fiasco, which has just resulted in me wasting hours of my time. Hopefully plusnet will not be charging me 30 day exit fee 

ge
Hooked

yes me as well - just 6 weeks - coincidence or not? and last 10 days. you'd think that they'd see the problem and track it back to 10 days ago and see what happened with their systems 10 days ago! - perhaps that's asking for too much!! 

yes they always go for a new sim - when we all know that's almost never the problem - always a tech problem from their side. but they always want to blame our side sim or phone.

dq
Hooked

Same here,the last time i was able to send a text was 18 nov and looking back i dont think iv ever had data since i signed up late october

andyjc1
Hooked

I work in the IT industry as a support engineer, and spend 25% of my day setting up mobile devices so i consider myself expert on these devices, I find it is an insult to my intelligence, when it is clear from this discussion  that there is a serious back end problem with plusnet / ee by the amount of people affected, yet when I call plusnet for support on this, they still are asking me to take out the sim and "wipe it with a soft cloth" Sad  talk about kicking the can down the road and wasting my time....... 

Gerryb

I've lost confidence in Plusnet so now have my PAC code and have given notice that I am moving supplier.

I also worked for 30+ years in IT support. Faults happen, and if they are dealt with correctly (good communications, routed to the right person to fix, feeling of technical competence etc....) then it can enhance long term loyalty, so it's such a shame that Plusnet could not meet minimum support expectations.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

andyjc1 could you send me a PM with the mobile number before replying back here which will alert me to having received it. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ricknles

I'm having exactly the same problem. 

Signed up in October, worked fine for a few weeks then no data and can't send texts. Same as everyone else.

Seems to be only new customers. I haven't seen one post from a long term customer. What's going on. I need this sorted asap

ge
Hooked

Yes - seems to be only new customers! Worth going on Facebook to highlight potential new customers. I think the more fuss we make the more likely we are to get it sorted - hopefully!

Can't believe I've been without text and data for over a week - never had a problem with EE!!

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Ricknles, sorry to see you're affected too, could you also PM me with the mobile number before replying back to this thread please? 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
J_Rowlands
Dabbler

This is all so frustrating! Perhaps it would be an idea to get in touch with the BBC's Watchdog programme which is on Tomorrow night Wed 28th Nov. Making it known to the public how badly Plusnet are treating its customers will get better results than posting our complaints on the forum which is only being viewed by others with similar problems!! Why is Plusnet not reacting more urgently to resolve this matter?