Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile data or texts for over a week

ge
Hooked

No Mobile data or texts for over a week

Hi.

Moved to PlusNet since mid Oct.

First month ok then a week ago no mobile data and since mid-week can't send texts.

Sent new SIM - no change, still won't work. Been told a fault across country affecting many. Is that true?

No indication given of when fault be corrected and in meantime I'm paying for services I can't use. How long will this go on?

60 REPLIES 60
statto
Hooked

Re: No Mobile data or texts for over a week

Same here, was working fine on Monday, went to Netherlands for work, data and text messages stopped whilst out there and now returned to UK still not working.  

Checked the APN and message centre settings.  Even reset the APN settings - still nothing.

Removed SIM and put it back in again - didn't fix 

Rebooted phone several times - didn't fix

Rest of family on PlusNet and continue to work fine - never any issues and customer service confirm that not all accounts affected.

Previous thread (No Data Connection) seems to have some interaction with customer care but no promises on fix.  I cannot PM the tech guy on this thread who wants to collect the details because of the restrictions on this portal for sending PMs until you have posted enough.  

Friend on EE, has exactly the same APN settings and he laughs at me for using budget EE - but it proves that the APN settings are not to blame - it is something between EE and PlusNet.

ge
Hooked

"Glad" to hear it's just not me!

I'd also gone away for weekend and when away stopped working and still not back.

Done all the reboot etc. - removed sim etc., got new sim etc. - and nothing changed. Settings were changed (by myself under direction) when talking to PlusNet - no help - now worried that these have been mucked up!

Over a week seems a bit too long for remedy!

Anyone from PlusNet on this and can help? Please!!

Itdc
Hooked

Same here very frustrated experience
M_Jackson
Hooked

Having a similar issue as I've not been able to send texts since Wednesday morning. I've lost work because of it so I'm pretty frustrated (putting it politely).

I spoke to customer services 4 times now and none of them knew what I was talking about. All I got was a very I.T crowd response of "have you tried turning it off and on again". 

They said they'd send me a new SIM but having read this thread I'm guessing that will make no difference. I've tried sending a PM to someone on a thread I started yesterday and have had no response. Luckily my direct debit is due out of the 4th, so if it's not fixed by then I'll just go to another tariff.

Some of the worst customer service I've experienced in a long time (only second to HSBC haha!).

Like we've all said no time frame given and I was told all I could do was just ring up and say when it works again. Superb .. .. *cough cough*

ge
Hooked

Yes, last Wednesday night was last time I could send texts and previous Friday was last able to use mobile data.

Doesn't seem as PlusNet understand the problem or perhaps don't want to know?

I'm in same position - pay monthly - so am about to stop payment and move to reliable provider - very disappointed after good start.

Gerryb

Exactly the same, new SIM was no help. Asked to drive to 3 locations to verify.
I can make and receive calls, receive texts, but can't send texts or access data.
Case has been escalated to engineers, told 5 day response.
If no quick fix I'll be pushing for refund and exit, as unacceptable!
M_Jackson
Hooked

Thanks for the information. Seems like you were able to get more detail than most. 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @all,

I am very sorry for the problems with mobile data you are all experiencing. Could those of you that have not already been helped please PM:

- You full name

- Your full address with postcode

- Your Plusnet sim number

- Your account ref (if your have it)

and we take it from there.

M_Jackson
Hooked

I've spoken to several people now; over the phone, on the chat, and via this forum.

Most were rude and condescending. All had no idea what was going o and offered no help.

Essentially a collective shoulder shrug and an "I dunno". 

If I do t get my new SIM in the post today I'll cancel my contract this evening. I'm not paying for something that doesn't work. Hands down the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Gerryb

PM sent to Mads. 

Let's hope we get rapid progress.

ge
Hooked

I've PM Mads and waiting for a reply

M_Jackson
Hooked

Good luck with it all! 

I spoke to someone via PM and they weren't able to help. They said there was nothing wrong with my account. Didn't offer an explanation at all. I've just cancelled my contract (they were even going to try and make me pay for another month before leaving). Going with a different provider now. 

Given the responses I've seen on here about PAK codes I'm just cutting my losses and getting a new number entirely. 

J_Rowlands
Dabbler

Same thing here, able to receive text but not send! Have been on to Plusnet twice over the last four days, but no joy. They don't seem to have a clue what's wrong and even less idea how long it will take to resolve! Its so frustrating as people are texting me to see how I am, but as I am unable to text a reply I have to phone them to reassure them that I am not ignoring them or that I am dead!

Julesdby
Dabbler

Hi I have had the same issues with my mums phone.

moved to plusnet because of the promise of friendly customer service ! 

I have reported this three times now and each time have not been told anything 

the last time I rang the lady was quite rude and flippant , I asked for the PAC 

code so I can go somewhere with better service to be told ring them tomorrow they only work office hours ! 

My mum is 84 and only uses texts to communicate as she is in hospital, I have explained this 

but no offer of new sim 

no solutions 

no sympathy 

no service 

so so shocked by plusnet service 

i now have to go through the nightmare of porting out leaving my mum with no service yet again

( oh for info porting the number into plusnet took 6 days ! Even with multiple calls )