Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Service - Leeds LS15 8FQ

FIXED
jpmbosco
Hooked
Fixes: 1

No Mobile Service - Leeds LS15 8FQ

Me and my wife are both on Plusnet and we have not been able to make mobile calls for the past 15 minutes and still down.

I get my internet from Virgin Mobile and that is OK though they also use EE.

Big gripe is that the chat never seems to be up, so I cannot report it as I have no landline and cannot call customer service.

Seems this happens every few  months, so bad service in my opinion 😞 

33 REPLIES 33
Metalhead
Hooked

Re: No Mobile Service - Leeds LS15 8FQ

I'm having the same issue...i can text and use data but no calls in or out. Nothing on Plusnet service status or EE's. I was in mid-call and it just cut out. I'm in Sunderland so this could be a national issue.

Willlindsay1984

Same here, in Northern Ireland, we both are on plusnet mobile, this must happen at least once a month, complete joke, never had this issue with o2, the service seems to be going sloppy this last while.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

@jpmbosco 

Just be a bit cautious here, but I would edit your post and take away your full postcode, a mod may do it and move it to a staff area only they can see. Or a member of staff may ask you to PM your personal details.

That's fine but posting your personal details on a public forum is not a good idea. There are other ways of doing it.

That said, I am not being a nuisance and I hope you get your problem sorted.

ec5778
Grafter

Same here, 2 mobile phones we're located in London.

Nothing on plusnet's service status page yet but there are other similar reports on Twitter if you search for 'plusnet'.

ec5778
Grafter

Sharing in case this benefits everyone else - I just phoned plusnet from a landline. To their credit despite the issues they managed to answer the call in only a few minutes. They said they are experiencing a lot of calls about this and they are investigating.

They suggested restarting the phone but other than that they didn't really have any other information and all they could suggest was to try again in a few hours.

ec5778
Grafter

Seems to be fixed now for me at least. I just received a call and was able to make a call too

Alex
Community Veteran

Well I still think the OP should remove their postcode. Also if they are reading has their issue been fixed too.

But it sounds like a network outage and given people in Leeds and London have reported it (thanks for that) - it rules out it being a local mast issue.

jpmbosco
Hooked

Yes issue resolved for me also.

Just to address your point Alex, I don't mind removing my post code and would do so but I cannot see where I edit my original post, any help accepted.

On the issue of identification, there can be quite a lot of homes in a post code, so it does not give an actual address.

Regards

John

jpmbosco
Hooked

Fix

Hi ec5778

Personally I am a bit stuck when this type of issue occurs as I have no land line to call on.

It would be better if the Plusnet online chat worked, which as it goes out of service because all operators are busy, is not a lot of use.

As for the "turn phone of and it", that is the equivalent for turn off and on your PC and in most cases, not a lot of use.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi everyone, we’ve now resolved a technical issue that caused some of our customers to experience problems making and receiving calls for a short period this morning. Data, messaging services and text messages were working as normal during this time.  We worked as quickly as possible to fix the issue and we’d like to apologise to our customers for any inconvenience. 

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Alex
Community Veteran

@jpmbosco wrote:

Yes issue resolved for me also.

Just to address your point Alex, I don't mind removing my post code and would do so but I cannot see where I edit my original post, any help accepted.

On the issue of identification, there can be quite a lot of homes in a post code, so it does not give an actual address.

Sorry @jpmbosco not telling you off, I'm sorry if it came across that way.

In my local pub which I have helped them out, their postcode is exclusive to them. Mine ends in an R and theirs in a Z.

So you're correct when you say it (might not) give an actual address, though it can if you own that postcode to yourself it will.

jpmbosco
Hooked

OK Alex, noted thanks.

jpmbosco
Hooked

@abails0105 wrote:

Hi everyone, we’ve now resolved a technical issue that caused some of our customers to experience problems making and receiving calls for a short period this morning. Data, messaging services and text messages were working as normal during this time.  We worked as quickly as possible to fix the issue and we’d like to apologise to our customers for any inconvenience. 

Regards

Thanks for the response, is there anything that can be done about the chat not being available when there are faults affecting multiple users as I only have a Plusnet mobile and if I cannot chat then I cannot report faults or get updates if there is no mobile service?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for your response @jpmbosco

We'd be happy to pass on your feedback surrounding how our chat works to the relevant department.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused when our chat was unavailable

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team