cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Data

RobMuir

Re: No Mobile Data

@Gandalf is there anything you can suggest?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.
Feel free to send me a PM with her mobile number and I’ll be happy to help tomorrow when I’m back in the office though it sounds like I may need the help of our operations team next week.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pitcher102
Hooked

Need help no mobile data activated on phone
Pitcher102
Hooked

Cannot personal message you
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

I got mine working using:

https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

It might be worth trying that

its the APN settings you need.

Pitcher102
Hooked

I have a iPhone se and cannot manually put those settings in. PN have said monitor it every two hours and make note of it but I cannot even load up safari 😬😬. So annoying as missing all business calls and emails as self employed.
SteveA
Pro
Fixes: 3

So if you've no phone calls then that suggests its a porting issue.....

Pitcher102
Hooked

What's the best way forward as PN don't seem to have any answers and don't seem to understand the importance to my business to have my phone

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

If you have gone through all the troubleshooting? and still having problems, your only option maybe, to port your number to another provider

don't seem to understand the importance to my business to have my phone

What I don't understand is why you have bought a "no frills" consumer service for your important business needs.

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/mobile-terms/

4.1.1. only use the services for personal use (so you can’t use the services to run your own business although occasionally accessing work emails is okay);

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pitcher102
Hooked

PN/EE have best coverage where I live so hence why I chose them. With all the awards they have been receiving thought it was a good company to go with. Didn’t realise that what you have stated. But it still doesn’t distract from the issue of not having data or Any urgency to get fixed. Don’t seem to be only one with issues.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Pitcher102, send me a private message with your account number and I’ll be happy to look into this for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bramleyapple

Just an update for anyone who had the same problem as me. Plusnet weren’t very helpful and their final piece of advice was for me to contact Apple as it must be a problem with my iPhone. Instead I contacted Plusnet and asked for a PAC code. I am now with a different supplier and have no data problems (using the same iPhone).
Pitcher102
Hooked

Any luck as have performed a full restore tonight and still have no data. Spoken to apple and they say it is Plusnet where the problem is. APN details are not able to be changed as locked by u guys so not on the phone. Thinking only way forward is to obtain PAC code as suggested by other users with same issue.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Pitcher102, sorry for not getting back to you today. While I've not looked into your account yet, I've been looking into this for you and I'd like to offer a few suggestions to try to resolve the issue.

Can you go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings?

It may also be worth going to Settings > General > Profiles to see if there are any other profiles installed which may be interfering?

Let me know how that goes. That said, you've mentioned above you're unable to make/receive calls as well?

Will aim to get back to you tomorrow.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Pitcher102
Hooked

Done all of that you suggested many of times. Phone calls and some messages have been getting through but not all. Performed a whole restore this evening to no luck